Six O'clock
There was a knock at my door. "Come in!" I shouted while putting on my lipstick "you ready?" "Yeah one minute" he made his way into my kitchen and took my pack of cigarettes off the side and helped himself to one "help yourself then" I said jokingly "you do it to me all the time" "fair enough, pass us one" I went up to him again so he could light it for me "thanks" I said walking off to get my shoes "how's Arthur?" "down the pub won't speak to me" "charming, I didn't even know about your dad" "good he's a selfish prick" Hd said as I grabbed my pocket knife and put it in my shoe "I didn't know you carry knives Ivianna" "always do" "should have used it the other day" "you did the job for me" I said "right come on."

We made it to the pub and was only having mild "why no whisky Tommy you expecting trouble?" Arthur asked which Tommy ignored, I figured he was still pissed off from the argument earlier bang i heard the doors to the garrison burst open and I looked at Tommy and we held eye contact until we heard a man shout "is there any man here named Shelby?" which no one responded to BANG he shot to the ceiling "I said is there any man here named Shelby!" To which Tommy and the boys got up and all came out the door me and polly following behind them "all of you out!" Tommy shouted to everyone in the pub, he then came over to me and polly "you two go back" he said holding eye contact with me the whole time somehow the look in his eye told me to argue with him which is what we had planned "Tommy what's going on?" I asked extra loud so Kimber could here "it's alright go home" tommy said also extra loud which this time made the man turn around "you can stay" he said walking over to me "Ivy go" tommy said to me one more time "no,no she's staying" Kimber said to him and then he started walking over to me "I remember you, and would you look at that both times we've met your had a black eye" I fake laughed "trouble you" he said getting closer to me. "Tommy your seriously not gonna let her stay are you" Polly came storming up to him "it's alright Pol go home" he said as he winked at her "see you later Ivy" she said as she placed a hand on my shoulder and left.

We all sat down round a table and Harry gave us whisky before leaving. Tommy then offered me a cigarette and I gladly took it "come here" he said as I got close to him again so he could light it I looked up into his eyes and he gave me a gentle nod to tell me the plan was going well. "Right I've never heard of ya but then I did hear of ya some little diddy coy razor gang I thought to myself so what? But then you fucked me over so you know have my undivided attention" Kimber said.

"Anyway which one of you is the boss?" He then asked "well I'm the oldest" Arthur said "ha clearly" Kimber rudley butted in "are you laughing at my brother?" John said with a look in his eye that he was going to punch Kimber round the face "right he's the oldest, your the thickest I'm told the boss is called Tommy and I'm guessing that's you cuz your looking me up and down like I'm a fucking tart!"" Kimber then said. He was like a toddler with all these little tantrums I thought "I wanna know what you want" Tommy said "and which one of you is the boss?" Tommy then asked "I'm mr kimbers accountant and advis..." was all mr kimbers accountant could say before being interrupted by Kimber "and I'm the fucking boss alright end of parley! You fixed the races without my permission You fucking gypsy scum what live off the war pensions of these poor old garrison lanes..." before he could finish his little tantrum Tommy Interrupted "do you mind your scaring her?" He said as he placed a hand on my leg. This is where our plan was about to start.

The plan was to make Kimber jealous as we knew Kimber wanted me so Tommy being affectionate towards me would make him jealous "sorry sweetheart." He said sitting back down they then started discussing war with the lees which Kimber refused to work with them by saying "people don't work with me they work for me" after he said that Tommy looked at me signalling that I can speak "bit rude don't you think?" I said "what do you mean by that darlin?" "Well it's just your a very successful man Mr Kimber don't you think you should share that" he sighed knowing he wanted to impress me "we will be at the races we can speak then" he said to Tommy getting up before he grabbed my hand and kissed it goodbye "and I hope to see you there as well" he said to me. "Bye Mr Kimber" I said as they all left. Once we where sure they were gone I turned round to Tommy and smiled knowing our plan worked well. "what a prick" I said "sorry am I missing something?" John asked "it's our plan brother, we're gonna beat Kimber at his own game" Tommy said. "Get a decent haircut man we're going to the races" Tommy said to Arthur which made me and John burst out laughing.

The next day
The next morning I decided to get up early and go and see the horses "mornin curly" "good morning Ivy how are you?" "Good thanks curly,you?" "Very good very good" "and how's my beautiful horse doing?" I asked as we walked over to them "she's doing good but I would be careful riding her as she's now carrying a baby" he said with a big smile on his face "I'll just take her out to the fields then" "oh don't forget snow you can't leave him" "don't worry curly I'll take him as well" I said laughing at how much admiration curly has for animals. "Mornin Ivy" Charlie said as he appeared out of nowhere "morning" I said back as he offered me a cigarette "where's Tommy?" He asked "no clue" "thought you would know as you two are practically attached by the hip" "no we're not" "yes you are" he teased. After speaking for a while I walked the horses down the to the fields and let them off as they happily trotted around and rolled in the mud.

"Ivy!" I heard from the distance "yes Tom!" "What are you doing out here?" He questioned as he walked up to me "taking out the horses what does it look like I'm doing" "right anyway the races, you need a dress preferably something red to match his ha..." I cut him off as he was speaking "who said I'm going to the races?" "me it's part of the plan" "hmm I don't remember being asked" I said as I took his cigarette out of his mouth and taking a drag "fuck sake" he sighed "go on" I said with a big fat smirk on my face "Ivianna Smith will you go to the races with me?" He said snatching his cigarette back out of my mouth "hmm dunno might have to think about it" "fuck sake stop pissing about" "yes Thomas I would be delighted to go to the races with you" I said laughing at how easily he gets annoyed "good you're going to need a red dress" "why?" "It's Kimbers favourite colour" "right I'll get it later then" "good, meet me at the garrison later and we'll discuss the rest of the plan" he said walking off.

It was later in the day and I had dragged Polly along with me to find a dress. "What about this one?" I said holding up "to big" "this one?" I said holding up another one "it's more burgundy than red" she said. Bringing her along was starting to feel like a bad idea "fine, this one?" "Oh darling that's perfect, come on try it on" she said snatching it off me in excitement and taking it to the dressing room.

"So what do you think?" Poll asked "I love it" "I was hoping you would say that you look gorgeous" "thank you" "you'll definitely be turning some heads" "that's the plan" "especially Tommys" poll said which made me burst out laughing "what? Don't act like you don't have feelings for him Ivy" "I don't thanks" I said still laughing "don't deny it Ivy I know that both him an..." "right come on let's pay and get out of here" I said cutting her rant short before it even started. We left the shop and she was still going on about it "I see the way you both look at each other" "we don't look at each other a certain way" "you do" "I don't" "do" "don't" "do" "poll I don't look at him a certain fucking way" "don't look at who a certain way?" a deep voice came out from behind us "no one" we both said at the same time "you got the dress?" Tommy asked me "yep" "oh Tommy she looks gorgeous in it" poll said butting in "I'm sure she does poll" he said back. "Right go and drop your stuff off and come meet me in the garrison" "yeah I'll be like ten minutes" "don't be late Ivianna!" He shouted as he walked off. Leaving me and poll to look at each other and burst out laughing