new years kiss | fluff

there's a new year's party going on downstairs in the common room as we speak. for once gryffindor and slytherin are getting along and everybody is having a party all together. currently, me, ginny, hermione, and pansy are all in my prefect dorm getting ready, already late.

dress references :

yours ⬆️

pansy's ⬆️

pansy's ⬆️

ginny's ⬆️

ginny's ⬆️

hermione's ⬆️

hermione's ⬆️

me, ginny, and pansy all paired our dresses with gold earrings, braclets, and necklaces and hermione chose the silver options. i have my hair in loose curls, pansy has wavy, ginny straightened hers, and hermione decided to do tighter curls.

we all take one last look at each other before heading downstairs into the common room. the smell of alcohol and sweaty teenagers fills my nose. i scan around the room, taking in the boys, girls grinding on others, people drinking, and the ones making out on couches.

my eyes fall onto a certain someone. a tall brunette wearing a tight white long sleeve, a couple of the buttons un-done. a pair of tight leather pants are around his legs, a drink in hand smiling at one of his fellow slytherins.

i think i feel my heart skip a beat as his gaze falls onto mine. the way his eyes light up in the dim common room never fazes to amaze me. i'm pretty sure i've won the staring contest when i start to walk down the stairs, and his cheeks turn a bright red.

i wink at him and make my way over to the drinks table being run by a few familiar faces. lee jordan, george weasley, and the one and only draco malfoy. draco's eyes land on me and he licks his lips. i knew he would never do that because he knows of my massive crush on enzo.

"hey l/n! what can i get a pretty lady like you to drink?" a smile creeps onto my face as i take a seat on the other side of the counter.

"i'll take something strong malfoy, whatever reminds you of me." he smirks and turns his back to me
to start the drink. when he's finished he hands it back to me, motioning his head down for me to take a sip.

i bring the glass to my lips and taste something sweet. cinnamon and sugary. i like it! "thanks malfoy, it's great!" he smiles and turns back to the other guys to take somebody else's order.

i stand up from the seat, scanning my room to find that special someone. damn it y/n! stop it! he's your bestfriend!

damn feelings and teenage hormones! always doing me dirty. i finally find him, making my way towards him with his back facing me. he's talking to the fred weasley, an old friend i've known since forever.

i make it over to the two of them, placing my hand on lorenzo's shoulder. "hey fellas, how's the party so far? it seems to be going pretty well in my opinion." both there heads spin in my direction, enzo's eyes going wide as he sees me up close.

fred nudges him in the side, bringing him back to reality. "the party's great. how's your night been l/n?" i smile and bring my gaze to meet fred's.

"it's been pretty good i might say so. how's your night berkshire? any pretty girls?" i flutter my eyelashes and look up at him.

he swallows and his adams apple pops out so it's quite, noticeable. "i-it's been good. only pretty girl i see is standing right in front of me." he winks and a blush creeps into my face.

fred gives us a signature smirk and starts to walk away. i look over at the huge clock on the wall "11:59" a look back over at lorenzo.

"so uh, this might be a bad time but, i really like you y/n." he rubs the back of his softly, placing his drink down a nearby table.

a shocked face is all i can thinking of making right now. i never thought this moment would happen. "i really like you to lorenzo." a huge smile creeps onto his face as he brings his hands to wrap around my waist.

i place down next to his, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "i think this is good time for a kiss? am i right?" he nods, looking over at the clock. people begin to count down from 10.

10! my hands connect around his neck.

9! he smiles at me lovingly, inching closer.

8! our body almost touch.

7! alcohol fills the air more and more.

6! our smiles are matching.

5! 3 words fill my head.

4! here goes nothing.

3! we both say "i love you!"

2! we smile and inch closer.

1! our lips are touching.

confetti cannons are popped all around, our lips moving in sync. i pull at his deeply, feeling his tongue slip into my mouth. we bring our faces apart and stare into each others eyes, foreheads touching.

"i meant what i said y/n."

a/n :
this chapter is literally all i want and need. and look at me, 2 chapters in 2 days!! i'm in a very writer mood today, and i thought this was super cute with it almost being new years. welp, ilysm!