one dance away | fluff

the yule hall is coming up closer and closer by the days. (pretend you're  a 6th year) and i've been waiting since september for this day to happen. i have the perfect dress picked up, and light purple dress made of shiny material and beautiful sparkles.

 i have the perfect dress picked up, and light purple dress made of shiny material and beautiful sparkles

dress example ⬆️

the only problem for this event, is that i don't have a date. my boyfriend, lorenzo has been away since october on some family mission or vacation. i just want him to come back, my life is so much better when he's in it.

tomorrow is the night of the yule ball, and i'm currently sitting in my dorm trying to finish all of my homework for the week so i don't have any to do anymore and i can just relax all day and have plenty of time to get ready.

i close my potions book after almost 4 hours of striaght work, and decide to head to bed. i've had a long day and want to have plenty of rest for tomorrow.

i change out of my school clothes and slip on one of enzo's shirts that he left for me, and a pair of pajama pants. the shirt smells like him, and i think about how he won't be there for the dance tomorrow. whatever, i can still have a good time with my friends.

i slip into my bed and cast a spell so my lights turn off and drift off to sleep.

the next day ~ bc i'm lazyyyyy

i wake up, and it's the day of the yule hall. i check my clock and see that i slept in and it's almost 11. it's fine though because we don't have any classes today. it's like heaven knowing i have nothing to do besides look pretty.

i decide to head down to see if lunch has started yet, so i just quickly brush my hair and slip on a different shirt and bra before heading downstairs to see all of my friends at the slytherin table.

i sit next to pansy while she has hermione on her right (they're dating 🤭) and across from us is harry and draco and blaise, who still has yet to ask a girl too the ball, but i'm sure will have some sort of hook-up anyway. 

"hey guys! how's everybody's morning?" i say cheerfully, and all of their heads turn my way. they all know i'm not a morning person, even if it's almost noon.

"well somebody seems happy this morning." draco chirps in and i giggle, grabbing myself a muffin and taking a bite. we all continue to eat and the day goes by very fast as the ball becomes closer and closer.

yet ANOTHER time skip ~ love you all sm

it's around 9 and everybody is getting ready in my dorm, as i have my own because of my prefect privelages. hermione and pansy and fixing each others makeup and putting on their dresses, and ginny and luna are putting the finishing touches on their outfits. (i love gay people can you tell?)

i finish my makeup and hair, and take a moment to look at myself in the mirror. fuck, i look hot. my makeup is perfectly done and my hair looks a absouletly amazing. i grab my dress and head into the bathroom to get changed, and once my dress is on i take one look at myself and want to cry.

9 months ago, there was this girl who wanted to kill herself because of her self-confidence and depression being horrible, but now all i see is the hot girl who is at her best point in her life.

i hold back the tears, and walk out of the bathroom to see all the other girls are ready. we all compliment each other and began to walk to the great hall which has been turned into the ballroom.

hermione and pansy walk down together, giggling and cracking jokes. next is luna who walks down to blaise, who's eyes light up at her and takes her arm immediately to take her away. next is ginny who walks down to meet dean thomas, he's blown away, and they walk off together.

i know it's my turn, and even though i don't have a date i begin to walk down. as i look up my eyes meet his. he's here. lorenzo is here. his smile is so big, i can practically feel it from here. my smile is the same as his, huge and loving. i began to sprint down the stairs, and lunge myself into his arms.

"hi darling." he says into my ear. " i missed you." he says once more.

i pull away and look into his eyes before smashing my lips onto his, feeling his soft lips is like a stress reliever and his arms snake around my waist, letting me know he's missed me too. my arms wrap around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

we break apart and i speak. "i missed you too. god i can't believe you're back." he smiles and kisses me once more.

a/n :
hey y'all! how's ur day going? posting twice in one week, who's she. i know this one was short, but i knew i could get it out fast and i wrote it in one sitting. ok, bye bye! 💗