over studying | fluff

i've denied 5 people to hang out, just today to study. i started using the time turner so i can take 2 extra classes and tomorrow is exam day. i have over 6 exams tomorrow and i still feel like i'm not prepared.

i've skipped breakfast, and now i'm skipping dinner to study for potions. i just feel like if i don't put all my effort into these tests then i'll fail all of my classes. even hermione says i'm over doing it but i just tell her that this is what i need to do to become part of the ministry when we graduate.

lorenzo's pov

y/n didn't show up for breakfast today, and now she's skipping dinner. her eyes looked red when she showed up for muggle studies today, and during charms she almost passed out. she's over doing herself.

yes, we do have exams tomorrow but that doesn't mean that she has to study every hour of every day, she needs to take a break. it's not good for anybody to be cooped up in a room for so long.

dinners coming to an end and i start to make my way back to the slytherin common room. somebody nudges my side as i'm walking.

"hey mate!" blaise exclaims.

"what's up man? how you been?" i ask back, turning to face him as we walk.

he chuckles and turns his body to face me. "good good, how's your girl?" that brings my face down.

i sigh. "she's been cooping herself up in her room for the past 3 days to study for exams. i'm worried for her." blaise frowns and puts an arm over my shoulder. we walk into the common room and begins to tell me something.

"mate, we all know that she's a very hard worker, but we all need a break. you should go talk to her. i'm sure she'll love to see you." i smile and pat him on the back.

"thanks dude, i'm gonna go talk to her." he smiled and nods his head.

i make my way up towards her dorm. i get there and right as i'm about to knock, i hear faint cries coming from inside. she has her own dorm from being head girl and a prefect, so now im scared.

"y/n?" i call out. i hear a shuffle inside of her room, probably some pushing of stuff inside. nobody comes towards the door so i knock. "baby, are you okay in there?" no response. all right, im going in.

i push open the door, and she sits on her bed, crying into her hands. her hair is a mess, her mascara running down her face and books all over the floor. i rush over to her, placing my hand on her leg. she looks up at me, pulling me into her.

"hey hey, i'm here. you're okay." i tell her, she finds her way comfortably onto my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck sobbing into my shoulder.

"p-please don't leave me." she pleads, clinging onto my shirt.

"i'm not going anywhere. i'm here with you. i'm not going to leave you, i promise." she has starggered breathing and she's shaking. god damn it, i can't stand to see her cry.

"do you hear my heartbeat?" i ask her. i can feel a slight nod into my chest. "focus on that for me. try and take some deep breathes. i'm not going anywhere. i'm right here." the comforting seems to work as she now loosening her grip on my shirt. wrapping her arms around my torso.

her breathing starts to slow down to normal breaths, her body slowly calming down. "t-thank you." she says slowly, looking up at my eyes. i smile, her eyes have stopped and she has a slight smile on her face.

i run my fingers under her eyes, wiping away some off the dried mascara. "you need to eat something. and then we can talk, alright?" she nods, i know she keeps snacks in here some where. she climbs off my lap, hugging her pillow. i rummage through her drawers, finding a pack of animal crackers and an applesauce.

i walk over, handing them to her. she opens the applesauce and eats it quickly. her body needs the food. she finished the animal crackers fast, and i throw away the trash for both. i walk back over to her bed, taking both her hands in mine.

"now, tell me why you were over working yourself." she sighs and squeezes my hand.

"i'm just scared i'm gonna fail. my parents expect so highly of me that i know if i make one mistake it's game over." i sigh, kissing her forehead.

"even if your parents don't want to take you back for whatever grade you get, i will always be here for you. no matter what. you mean the world to me and if that means you coming to stay with us over the summer, that's what it means. i love you y/n." she smiles.

"i love you too enzo." i bring her body close to mine, getting us under the covers. her whole body wrapped around mine, mine holding her tight.

i kiss her forehead and cast a spell so the lights go out.

a/n :
IM BACK BITCHES!!! i'm rlly sorry for not posting for a while but i'm back, and that was something i could write in one sitting and i could get out fast, so i hope you enjoy bc it's actually rlly sweet so yea. 💗