5.

SONG: Liquid Smooth by Mitski

Chapter 5

Kim's POV

"And here you go." Melissa handed me my pills in the hospital. Did I want to stay the night here? I could, all I gotta do is say I'm not feeling well.

I smiled at her, "um, can I stay here? I don't feel well." I told her. She nodded, "I'll go get your room ready, I'll be back." Doctor McCall walked away down the hall while I sat on a bench.

Being sick like this isn't fucking fun. It's more of like a trap. People fear every single second if something happens. If I literally trip someone will always ask if I need my meds or something. I fucking hate it. They're scared for no reason, I'm fine.

They're just dramatic.

I wondered what Scott was doing. I haven't seen him since yesterday. What if he was with Kira? Kira was his girlfriend. I wasn't.

The thought and picture of Kira and Scott together, hugging, kissing, having sex is in my mind. Literally blowing up my mind. They were together, they get to do that stuff. Me? I'm basically a side piece till Scott 'breaks up' with her.

I'm human and his girlfriend is a Fox, well a Kitsune. She's powerful and could kill me if she wanted to. She's a sweet girl but I knew she had some sort of dark side. Kira was the perfect girl for Scott. Not me, I wasn't good enough. I'm younger, human, and sick.

I stood up when I saw Scott's mom walk over to me. "Okay, Kimberly. I got your room. You know the drill, press the button for anything. Your clothes are on the bed." Melissa smiled at me sweetly while we walked down the hall.

"Can I ask you a question?" Melissa asks, I glanced over to her confused, I nodded. "Of course." We stopped by my door, and she sighed.

"Scott...Scott talks about you a lot. Is there anything I need to know?" She asked. I looked down and my cheeks turned red. "Nothing. There is nothing, he has a girlfriend." I told her.

She nodded slowly not believing me. I rolled my eyes, "Scott, can go back to digging bones." I joked while I walked into my room. Melissa stood by the door with my file in her hand. "Scott likes you."

"I know." I said while grabbing my clothes. It's true, we all know it. I just didn't want to ruin anything. I'm basically a home wrecker if I get with Scott. "No, like I watched him come to your room when he was younger. He...he really likes you, Kimberly. I never seen him like that. Not with Allison, not with Kira. Nobody. He's different with you. More gentle, sweet, his eyes light up. He really does, Kimberly." She tells me.

My eyes dropped.

Who's Allison?

I glanced back at Melissa, "thank you, Doctor McCall. I got everything I needed in here." I told her. She nodded and closed my door. I sighed while I walked around my bed and faced the wall. My chart was on there.