4.

SONG: Tag You're It by Melanie Martinez

Chapter 4

Kim's POV

Scott grabbed my upper arm, glaring down at me. "What the fuck was that?" He asked, he was asking about earlier. I could've died...again. I frowned up at him. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

He shook his head, "no, Kimberly. What would've happened if you died? What would Malia think? Your dad? Or me?!" He screamed, I looked down, he's right...

"Scott, I just wanted to help." I told him still looking down. Scott lets go of my arm and grabbed my face. He pulled my head up, forcing our eyes to meet. "If I wanted to...I would've asked." He told me before letting go.

I didn't say anything, and he went on. "Kim, you don't understand this world. My world, I should've never come up to you in the hospital. It'll be better for us to be strangers." He tells me. I shook my head, "wait, no, Scott. I'm sorry." I begged.

He didn't want to be friends?

Scott shook his head, "no. Kimberly. It's not safe. I'm not safe enough for you." He told me before walking away, I stared at his back while he was leaving.

~

Malia kept glancing over to me when we were on our way to school. I don't know what her problem was to be honest. I didn't do anything wrong.

"Do you like Scott?" She asked out of nowhere. "I don't know him." I said honestly.

Malia bumped shoulders with me, "that wasn't a no, though." She grins. What? I didn't like Scott. He was...interesting. Different. Two years older than me.

I'm 15...he's 17. I'm human, he's a werewolf. Not to mention an Alpha. We're different. We couldn't be together or anything like that.

"He's a stranger to me. I only saw him twice in my life." I told her. "But he told me he wants to know more about you." Malia tells me while we walked into school.

I looked down the hall to see Kira and Scott kissing. "Does he?" I asked, Malia follows my eyes and sighed. "Well...Kira is my friend. And you're my sister. I'm always going to be by your side." She admits.

I smiled at her, "what, are we going to be the two sisters who dates the two best friends?" I joked. Malia smiled back, "maybe." She walked away with her smile turning into a grin.

Kira and Scott pulled back from each other, she tells him something before she walked away. When she was gone Scott wiped his lips in disgust. I watched as Scott sniffed the air. He looked around till he met my eyes.

A smile painted his face, he waved at me before walking towards me. "Kimberly. I wanted to say sorry for how I acted. I was just worried." He placed a hand on my shoulder, rubbing it. I could just melt in his touch.