manic moves, and drowsy dreams

"So you did have a girlfriend?"

The darkness had casted it's colors onto the melted sky, now a shade of gloomy blue. They had walked far into the temples, past the tall bamboo trees and windy climate. Through it all, Aki had led the conversation, wasting no time. They had talked the most today, asking about the weather, and what's on the news. The same old shared conversations, just...a little closer now.

Angel pauses.

"I just feel like, in my last life I was loved. I just...don't remember who."

His words cut deep within him. Aki takes a step away. The last thing he'd want is to take someone away from their lover. But as Angel matches his eyes with his, there was a torn part of him that needed to be saved. And it seems only Angel could mend such a broken piece.

"I..." He pauses mid-sentence, not sure what to say next. Angel saying the word "love" sounded subtle and with no-meaning, like he shrugged it off as much as he could. The word sounded like it held no weight.

Little does Aki know how much it took for Angel to say it.

The two had reached the Moonlight Festival, filled with colorful decorations and lighted lanterns all around. Kids were running around, couples we're sharing desserts. There were already queues starting. Aki taps on Angel's shoulder.

"I'll go get you some food."

"But I'm not hungry-"

Aki is kind, generous. He doesn't ask for money or asks for a refund.

His gloved hand lands on Angel's soft head, patting it as gently as possible.

"I'll be back soon, stay right here." And he walks away, blended with the people around him. It made Angel anxious, standing there alone, in the cold, with nothing but his blazer in hand. As his patience runs thin, the devil begins to worry. Minutes past, and he's not yet returned.

Angel looks around for any hint of Aki, his pointy ponytail or his white blouse. But the longer he examines the crowd, the harder it is to breathe. So he starts to walk.

Lost in the crowd, all Angel ended up finding within his view was a sole Kishibe, standing in his work clothes, blazer in hand, the other holding a plastic cup. He's watching the crowd, the couples wearing matching tees, maintaining a straight face, sipping every few seconds. Nobody knowing what he's playing in his head.

"Kishibe." Angel says emptily. Kishibe doesn't look for him, he knows exactly where he stands.

"Ah yes, the Angeldevil."

Angel crosses his arms.

"What are you doing at a place like this?" Angel avoids his welcoming speech, saves the pity. Kishibe smirks, taking a huge gulp of what looks like tea.

He then points at the Devil to lead the conversation somewhere.

"Cute kimono you got there. Are you on a date?"

Again, Angel doesn't respond. His words hold no importance to him, as Kishibe had only talked to him a few times when it counted. And he's only here because he lost Aki.

Kishibe, unfazed, takes another full gulp of his drink before asking the next question.

"How are things with Aki?"

The question was too stray from the last Angel felt he had a motive. He looks straight ahead, showing no expression whatsoever, lifting his head up to find a subject to watch.

"Fine, I guess." Blatantly he answers.

"I heard you go along well with him. I thought you hated humans." Kishibe smirks, hand as his support against the pillar beside him, as he presses his body against it, already tired from standing.