I'm out of my head when you're not around

Aki hands in his report to Makima, the same way he does every week, and makes his leave after taking a bow. Kishibe watches closely, one finger tapping into his cigar and the other holding a beer can.

Makima has her arms crossed, her fixated smile revealing her light dimples, but Aki doesn't shy away. He doesn't nod and say "See you soon, Makima-san " anymore.

He left, without a word.

The door closes shut, and Kishibe gulps down his beer, making his way to the woman.

"Another well-done execution by the two, don't you think?"

Slowly, Makima turns away, facing her windows. Her eyes tracing the outlines of the art.

"We should separate the two. Pair Aki with Himeno again." Makima is strict with her usual feminine tone. Kishibe swallows his beer, puts the can down.

"Incase you have forgotten, Makima-san, Himeno is dead. There is no way we can bring her back."

He raises an brow, a flicker of curiosity strikes him.

"He's fine with the devil, and they have been doing the missions efficiently-"

Makima doesn't meet his eyes. Through her poised, fixed posture, hand behind her back and her smile plastered to her face, Kishibe has foreseen her facade. Makima is not angry or even disappointed. She is afraid.

"That's the problem, dear Kishibe." Alas she turns around. Her face illuminated under the sunlight pouring through the tinted glass.

"He's turning AngelDevil into something else." Her voice slightly agitated. Kishibe doesn't speak. He knows he'd lose a finger if he does. Makima straightens her back, her sharp glare like a sword.

"He's making him feel." there is bitterness in her voice. Makima finally faces him, her illuminating eyes like lasers.

"He's making him human."

Angel hasn't slept lately. He had Aki written all over his mind. Everytime he passes by a cafe, Everytime he finds cigarette buds on grass patches, or on roads. Everytime he enters his bathroom, imagining him there with a warm towel to dry up to. Angel never wanted to be attached to anyone, especially not a human. He could be a king. A god if he wanted to. He never needed someone to "protect" him, that he could do himself.

But today, and tomorrow in fact, he knows Aki is all he will be thinking of. Because he makes his heart race, and calm the storms in his mind. He challenges his rules, crosses his guidelines. He questions his being and his purpose, and for that he's greedy to know why. His presence, a craving. Knowing he is behind him, as they walk, is a comforting thought. It wasn't his body that kept him sinking further into the temptation. It was his soul. It was different from the other humans he had met. It was different than the ones he'd seen in hell.

He appeared with spite of him, always on edge and waiting to secretly kill him. He once thought Aki almost threw him into oncoming traffic once. The plan failed, Angel used his wings more than he thought.

He doesn't know how it happened exactly. It just...did.

He wanted to learn about Aki, the man with a witty ponytail and a harsh tone when he talks. He knew him as an arrogant bitch. But now, as they walk side-by-side, shoulder to shoulder, he senses he's become more than that. He's sensitive, he's fragile.

He must be protected.

Aki turns to him and opens the door for him.

"What?"

"Go, I'll be behind you."

Angel scans the words, red and bold.

"H&M." He reads aloud. Aki puts his hands on his knees, his face to Angel's now. Their distance just an inch closer now.