I'm out of time

For 8 days and 8 days straight, Aki met Angel outside his window, where he'd climb in at midnight. They'd escape their fears and duties and speak nothing of it, hold each other till one fell asleep.

In a bed big enough for the two, it became a safe haven they created between willing bodies.

Angel had recalled Aki calling out his name during late nights, whispering to him and tracing his bare back with his finger, tickling him, letting him know he's there.

"Are you awake?" He would cry. Angel would flinch from his gentle touch. Familiar. Light.

"Yeah." Voice is clear and confident.

"Will you stay?"

At first, Angel laughed. He turns over to see his face. It's dark and only his halo is glowing, Aki's forehead reflecting it's light. His eyes are half-opened, eyebrows scrunched. Nose is still as perfectly sculptured as he remembered.

Oh, you're so beautiful.

"What's with the sappy question?'

He is reluctant to answer.

"Because I don't want to lose you too."

Silence. A few beats, overwhelming debate going off in his head.

"I promise."

"Then I promise I'll stay. If it's with you." And his lips will seal it, on his nape, his hands on his chest, hot and steady, just like him.

"I wonder if someone will cry at my funeral. Or if they'll forget me and move on."

Angel groaned, thrashing around and pulling the blankets from him as he always did, voice muffled from being trapped under the sheets.

"Go to sleep, old man."

Angel would have hugged him and kissed his fingers as much as he could. And tell him he would, for every second, think of him if he left him. But nothing came out.

Aki never fought back whenever he chose to banter. He'd always let Angel win.

It was comforting, and uneasy. It scared him alittle, too, as he was not ready for what's to come. But he held on, feeling him close and shutting his eyes, sensing his body right behind his, his patterned, little breaths putting him to sleep.

Angel imagined Aki's head rest on his shoulder over time, when the winds die down and the sky begins to darken. That his large hand is cradling his head, stroking his soft hair and whispering sweet nothings like before.

But as his eyes open he is welcomed by his body leaning against the table laid out Infront of him, facing the window. The night has dawned and the endless silence is slowing killing him. He wonders how long he'd been in this sickening hospital bed.

"When did you get here?" He asks, but didn't get an answer.

He ignores the bouquet of roses on the table with his cold food.

Instead he chooses to sit here, wincing in pain as Aki ruins the moment.

"You must know, that I did it all for you." Is all he says, and Angel tilts his head. It hits him, like the ending of a play. Like it will all be over soon.

No.

No, no, no .

"When is..." His fingertips glide across the wooden table, body lightweight. Aki is facing the wide glass, staring out into the window, the moon is finally out. He can hear the quiver in Angel's words as he fumbles with his sentence, unable to finish.