the shades all around

Angel woke up the next morning all alone. All he was left with was Aki's silhouette, an empty puddle next to his body, and his cologne imbedded on the bedsheets, like a tattoo he wishes to keep.

He felt his body next to his that night very distinctively, like he could wrap his arms round his body, his musky cologne garnered on the bedsheets .It was chilly at one point, and when his hands searched for the blankets, he felt the heat cover his entire body, and he fell deeper asleep.

He was about to lay his head on Aki's shoulder, which was so close to his he could smell the sweetness of his skin. He shifted, he tried to forget about the consequences and "go for it". But he could never be so selfish to risk it. He would never wish for this to end.for his time with Aki to end.

Even if it meant he would never touch him.

Angel didn't mind, he had been imagining this whole time. And without admitting, he took whatever he had left of him and treasured it, imagined scenarios of him. And when he opened his eyes, reality would hit and he'd accept how this would be how he coped.

Angel opens his eyes a crack, and finds the balcony's door opened, like how Aki does with his room. He imagines him leaning over the ebony railings, his long hair in the wind, his face hidden by his bare back. He remembers almost every part of him from last night; his slightly tanned skin, his strong and stoic figure, his surprisingly elegant, long neck. The dark violet of his veins, running like streams through rivers and mountains, down his arms and to his hands.

Angel clings onto the bedsheets, Aki's scent of cigarettes like a perfume he cannot get tired of.

His eyes, still shut, follow the notes as he smells it, bringing it close to his face.

Light musk.

That empty feeling hits him in the gut. It twists his insides, an intense emotion for a devil like him. It's painful, and bitter to the taste. Angel doesn't like it. However, the more he craves Aki, the more it starts to grow.

Green tea shampoo.

From last night. He recalls the shampoo bottle, small and cheap-looking. He remembers Aki applying it to his hair, and then to his own. He remembers his face beaming in joy, embarrassment and excitement. He didn't look back once, he didn't want to appear 'disgusting', and he definitely didn't want to make Aki uncomfortable. But that greed to see his eyes dawn on him made his non-beating heart thump unstoppably.

Angel shakes away the snippets of last night replaying in his head, a stubborn memory.

Instead, he chooses to keep smelling the sheets and keep guessing.

There's still light notes of the alcohol they had yesterday. He knows that smell very well. His cherry wine. And Angel's margarita. Beer. White wine. A mix of all those in one.

His arms lead him to his body, and as he wraps the cloth around himself, it's like Aki is right there, giving him a warm hug with one of his hands occupied with a mug of black coffee, like he always does. He imagines his hair touching his pale neck, his hands inviting and strong. Angel wished he was more harsh on him, just so he'd do something full-heartedly for once.

So in his "scenarios", he is.

Aki lifts Angel's shirt, right hand exploring his flat stomach, sending signals. Angel leans back, holding onto that thought of him ontop, eyes a striking blue and his warmth spreading to his body.

Angel imagines his lips on his ear, tickling him lightly, softness in his voice.

"Did you sleep well?" His hands are still on his stomach, thumb dragging along his hip now, playing with his senses. Angel flinches to his immense heat, something he only heard of while eavesdropping co-workers. But now it's the real deal. His breath condensing on his neck, before he suckles on a spot, leaving him clinging onto his shoulder blades. His tongue hungry for more, the
Almost biting feeling making Angel's fingers trace his lower back, and he hears him grunt slightly.