Chapter 20: Walpurgis

Start from the beginning

"You.. Are questioning why the demon lords are a big deal?"

"Yes!" He exclaimed under his breath, getting very close to me. "Why be so worried about a threat that hasn't attacked anyone in decades, when I am right here? Why worry about this 'Rimuru Tempest?'"

"They are.. Stronger than you. Stronger than your master." I inhaled sharply. "Stronger than All Might.."

His fingers twitched and squirmed. He grazed me and I felt the searing pain of the decay, before it immediately stopped.

After that he pushed me to the ground, and I couldn't find him again when I stood back up.

________________________________________________________________________________

Rimuru's POV

I was sitting on my office chair quietly, I'd sent everyone except Shion, Ramiris, Treyni, and Berreta out of the room. Ranga was in my shadow, as a wild-card in-case anything went wrong.

I really didn't know what to think about Walpurgis, though supposedly it was held on the moon according to Ramiris. That seemed a little silly, but considering I didn't need to breathe. It shouldn't have been a problem either way.

I could say one thing though, I was excited to see Milim again. We'd been apart for some time, and I was sort of missing her antics.

I did decide to make sure of one thing though. "Before we leave, do any of us need to breathe?"

"No, Lord Rimuru." Shion affirmed.

"I do not even have lungs." Beretta was reliable for that much.

"I don't either." Treyni surprised me though, I forgot she was just a wooden doll.

"I've attended before, Rimuru!" Really had to wonder what kind of solution Ramiris had.

I nodded to each of their answers.

Almost immediately afterward, a massive stone-looking gate with lots of spikes emerged from the ground. As the door opened a stream of magicules poured forth, and the swirling vortex beckoned.

Out stepped a single demon, with green hair. "Rimuru Tempest, you have been invited to attend Walpurgis." She then turned to Ramiris. "Demon Lord Ramiris, your seat is ready."

I let out a long breath, and stood up. "I accept. I have two subordinates to bring." Stepping around my desk slowly, I approached the demon.

"Very well." She beckoned forward.

I nodded, and walked slowly through the gateway, and immediately I felt any bit of air clinging to me be torn away.

I was surrounded by the clearest view of the night sky I'd ever seen, and even the glare of the sun in the distance was brighter. The white landscape wasn't like the moon I'd seen pictures of though, it was one caked in ice.

<This ice is composed of various elements, but primarily Hydrogen and Nitrogen.>

I was glad I couldn't get chills, but I did wonder for a little bit how long you'd need to keep the moon close to absolute zero for it to get this much ice on it.

In the distance, there was a single glass building, with a gate on each of its sides.

The green haired demon walked ahead, and opened the door for us.

I walked along, surprised by just how bouncy I was even if I'd sorta been expecting it. Though I was disappointed to find out that once I was inside the room, gravity returned to earth levels.