1k Views Special

Once upon a time, in an enchanting land called Myst, there lived a family of royals. They were powerful and strong, but they were also kind. They were widely loved throughout the kingdom, and even well-known in other nations. For generations, the kingdom prospered, forever grateful of their generous leaders. But then... disaster struck. Myst was taken under siege, and the kingdom fell. The king of the other nation started a new family with the queen of Myst, Queen Raina, albeit the queen did so... unwillingly. The queen gave birth to two children: the eldest child, Camila Charleston, and the youngest, Cal Charleston. The queen taught her children to be kind, but the new king despised this. The new king, King Charles Charleston, taught his son to be ruthless, like him. With Myst being led in tyranny by King Charles, it fell into despair, and much of the kingdom was impoverished. The people of Myst hated that this was their reality now, that the kingdom was in ruin. Eventually, they grew tired of standing by and watching it all happen, and some of them decided to revolt.

The Kingdom of Myst, present time, 20 years into King Charles's reign

"Stand up!" The knight yelled, kicking Lynx in the ribs.

He grunted, pain searing through his left side. He did stand up, but not because he was ordered too. He stood up because he didn't want to look afraid. The King didn't deserve to taste his fear. The King didn't deserve anything. Well, actually, he deserved a nice beating, but that would probably never happen.

Lynx straightened his posture, despite his bruised body obviously protesting. He looked directly into the King's eyes, hoping his own did not betray him.

King Charles sneered at him, like he was a distasteful pig. The King averted his gaze, now looking at his knight as he asked, "What did this..... peasant do?"

"Peasant? Ha! This man has no idea what I can do to him." Lynx thought, largely displeased with this trash they called their King.

The knight answered without delay, "He's one of the rebels, my King. We found him posing as a farmer, after we got an anonymous tip from someone."

"You wouldn't have gotten this "tip" if it wasn't part of our plan. I bet anything Mr. Langston gave you that tip. *Sigh*. He always wants me to go to the castle, "for fun". Yeah right. I know he just wants me to spy on them."

But, Lynx didn't say that out loud. If this was a part of their plan, he couldn't risk giving it away.

The King waved him away, seemingly disinterested, like this was an everyday occurrence when he said, "Take him to the dungeon. We'll get information from him tonight, after dinner."

The knights dragged Lynx to the dungeon, not bothering to stop when they scraped him against the hard, stone walls.

When they finally reached their destination, he was roughly thrown into the dungeon cell, and he winced when he landed on his right shoulder with a sickening pop!

The knights locked the metal barred door, giving the keys to the guards stationed nearby, who tossed them into a bucket.

Before they left, one of the knights made sure to tell Lynx, "You're about to have a really bad day."

...

Eriana readied Princess Camila's dress for after her bath, making sure there were no wrinkles or creases.

When the princess was done with her bath and changed, Eriana helped cinch up her dress, making sure that Camila was comfortable. For now, it was only Eriana and the princess in the room, as Isla- the head maid- had gone to retrieve a book for the princess.