Holiday Special

"Come on guys!! Time is waiting to put up the tree!!" Wind bounces excitedly.

"It might go faster if you actually helped us."Huffs Legend as he drags a huge tree him and Champion cut down.
"Nah I'm good." Wind replies.

Legend rolled his eyes. Champion almost grins.

As the group enters the home, they see Christmas decorations all over the house. The smell of delicious food comes from the kitchen. Wild and Malon are making all sorts of dishes for the group to share for tonight's meal.

Warriors and Hyrule were outside decorating the house.
Sky was asleep by the fireplace. No surprise there.
Four was getting ornaments ready to hang on the tree.
Time and Twilight were setting up an extra big table for the group.

Once the tree was set up, it was time to start putting decorations on it.
Time called in the others to come and help. Many of the Links' had found some strange and cool ornaments. Such as newer wood carvings done by Sky.
As the tree got more full, Champion seemed to relax his guard more. Until...

"Time!" Wild called frantically.

Wild pointed to outside the window, where a huge hoard of monsters came towards the house.

"Dammit! Grab your weapons boys!" Time instructed.

The Links' needed no further details as they each grabbed their weapons of choice.

As the group was out the door Malon called,

"You boys better be back soon! Dinner will get cold!"

That was all the encouragement the Links' needed.
They charged into battle, weapons in hand.

As the battle progressed, someone watched from afar.
Observing every hero's moves.

"And here I thought we'd have a normal holiday!" Twi yelled over the roars of enemies.

"Do you think Hylia would actually give us a break?" Legend yelled back bitterly as he staked a Moblin.

An arrow flew by Legend and straight into the heart of a Bokoblin. Legend looked up to see Wild firing arrows, each one never missing.

Once the battle had finished, it was time to check the perimeter to make sure everything was gone.
Each Link went in a different direction.

...It observed from the shadows.

Champion was getting closer to its hiding spot. Perhaps taking out one hero will make things much easier.

Champion neared a patch of shrubs and trees. He swore he saw something from the shadows. Cautiously, Champion moved the brush-

It attacked. It was like a mirror image of himself. Only dark.

Champion barely had enough strength to hold back this Dark Link.
It knew Champion's every move. It's glowing red eyes taunting him.

"So... this is the new hero. I must say, I expected more." Dark Link grilled at Champion.

Champion ignored Dark Link's taunts and continued to fight back. Kicking Dark Link in the shin and dodging his brutal attacks. Hoping someone else would hear the commotion.

                                       *****

"Alright boys, let's get back to the house before Malon comes out here herself- wait, where's Champion?" Twilight abruptly pauses.

Each Link looked at each other as if one of them would tell the others' the answer.

All of a sudden, a loud clang was heard. Though the Links' didn't have as good as hearing as Wild's, it was loud and clearly identified as a sword on sword.

"It's coming from over there!" Wild motioned the group to follow.

Time was the first to spot the Dark version of himself holding a sword against Champion's sword.

What the hell? Dark Link-it isn't possible.

"Time!" Twi interrupts his thoughts.

Time starts running to Dark Link, sword in hand.

As he got closer, he could clearly see Champion struggling to hold the weight of Dark Link's sword.

Each Link surrounds the two, swords at the ready. Dark Link seemed to notice, and threw Champion off to the side. Where Hyrule and Warriors caught him.

"Well then... hello heroes. What an introduction I've made with your little hero." Dark Link gestures to Champion.

"What are doing here?" Time demanded as he pointed his sword to Dark Link.

"Now, no need for that Time. You see, a little Redead told me you heroes were together. And I just had to see for myself. I suppose I'm not as sneaky as I thought."

"Enough with the games, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be dead." Twilight snarls.

"Easy there doggy. You wouldn't want your little cubs to-"

Twilight growled a ferocious manner that made most Links' shiver with fear.

"It would be a shame if-"

Dark Link was cut off by a dagger hitting just above his left shoulder.

The Links' whirred around to find Malon holding another dagger in her palm.

"You stay away from my family! You've already ruined their lives once, I won't let you ruin the holidays for them either!"

Dark Link grins.

"Very well."

He evaporates and disappears.

"Where did you get those daggers?" Time asked Malon concerned.

"Sheik told me I could have them. After all, being The Hero Of Time's wife you need to learn how to defend yourself."

"Champion, you good?" Twi asked.

Champion nodded as Warriors and Hyrule helped him up.

"You boys better be ready to eat!" Malon called.

They sat down and began conversing with one another.
After a long battle this was just what everyone needed.

"Time." Malon said quietly.

Time turned to Malon.

"Don't be thinking about Dark Link all night alright? This is a night of celebration and happiness. Don't let him get inside your head." Malon told him.

"I just don't understand why he'd choose to show himself now. And it's not me I'm worried he'll get into my head." Time turned his head toward Champion who was on the other side of the table with Warriors.

"Hey um, Malon?" Wild shyly asked.

"Yes Wild?"

"Do you mind taking a picture of us for my Sheikah Slate? It's okay if you don't want to-" Wild ranted.

"Of course I will!" Malon said happily.

"Alright everyone, squeeze together!" Time couldn't contain his happiness. Champion found himself grinning at how happy his friends were.

"Okay! One... Two...Three!!"

"Ah! Wind gave me bunny ears!! Redo the photo!!"

                                         *****

I wanted to go with a more 'family is everything' plot. This probably won't be a part of the story this was just something I wanted to surprise you with!

Happy Holidays!