Adult!Nyx×Reader

Start from the beginning

~~~Timeskip~~~

My head was pounding like crazy and my sense of orientation wasn't working. I had no clue where I was or what had happened in the first place, but I what I noticed was a song. A beautiful song sung by a soft voice, one that I had heard before.

Little flashes that seemed to be memories crashed into my mind, I abruptly sat up and opened my eyes. I was frantically looking around the room, well cave, I didn't notice the voice going quiet.

When I turned around though I saw a woman sitting near the fire on the ground. She was still wearing the dark cloak from earlier, but her face wasn't hidden anymore. Her (y/ec) eyes were staring into mine. Her (y/hc) locks were falling around here face softly and the flames illuminated her nose and lips. She looked like a stranded angel.

"You're awake.", she stated. I only gave a nod. My body frozen, still comprehending the situation. As I realized that we were in a cave I started wondering.

"I brought you here after you passed out.", she explained as she noticed my gaze.

"Thanks.", I muttered. "Who are you?", I asked the first thing that came to my mind.

"I could ask you the same thing.", she smirked. It was a feline one, warning but oh so intriguing.

"But I asked first.", I said against all my instincts. I knew damn well that this woman would be able to kill me in a matter of seconds, but I wasn't scared. The only thing I wanted was to cross the distance between us and learn as much about her as possible.

"I'm (y/n).", she said after a short moment. "Why are you here? It's an unusual region for visitors and it's even more unusual that people notice me. And are dump enough to follow me if I might add.", that grin came back.

"I'm here to learn something about the region and I heard rumors about someone nobody really knows. A thief...or serial killer, assassin maybe? I don't know.", I rubbed my eyes with by hands.

"Why would you want to find such a person? You don't seem like you're this stupid.", a look of confusion crossed her face.

"There isn't really a reason.", I admitted. "I'm Nyx by the way."

"Well, hello Nyx. You should leave as soon as possible. It's not safe around here.", she said. I could have sworn that she mumbled "around me" at the end of her sentence, but I wouldn't want to push her even though leaving was the last thing I planned on doing.

"What? Why? I-"

"Stop. You'll understand eventually, but if you're still here at this point it will already be too late.", she told me death serious. "Sleep now. Its late. Tomorrow you will go.", with that she stood up. Her softness from earlier was gone, she seemed cold now, almost emotionless. It switched from one second to the next and I couldn't help but panic again.

"Wait! We're not done!", I sprung up from the floor. "I have so many questions and-", she once again interrupted me.

"Ask me in the morning, leave afterwards.", she deadpanned.

"Will-will you be here? I mean, when I wake up. Promise you won't go earlier?", I asked. I was terrified she'd leave me, like I'd need her physically close and my whole being depended on it.

"I don't make promises, but I'll try.", she said, her eyes softened a little bit as she looked at me. Then she took a frist step towards me, strating to cross the cave. Everything was so slow.

Then there was a flash of blue and she stood right in front me, her right hand grabbed my chin between her fingers. And there they were - those two blue lights, her eyes.