Cassian×Rhysand

AN:
Request by @Aubrey061480
I hope you like it <3

Btw if you have more request pls write a comment.

Takes place before Acotar when the batboys are in their teen years in the war camp.

TW: smut

Cassian Pov.

"Rhyyys, nooo! Come on! This is definitely my toothbrush and-"

"You're in my house, so it's my toothbrush!", he interrupts me.

"Rhys, I swear-", I wanted to rip my toothbrush from his hands, but his mother interrupted us.

"Boys. It seems someone new arrived, how about you two stop bickering and check that out?", she suggested, giving us a warm smile.

"Someone new?", I asked.

"Who?", Rhys asked at the same time.

"I'm not sure, just have a look.", she told us with a shrug of her shoulders. "But don't be mean!", she called after us as we sprinted out.

Outside we ran to the training area and-

"Oh my gosh, do you...?", I started but didn't know how to finish that sentence and ended up just pointing in the direction of what had to be the new one.

"-see the new one who has to be made by the cauldron itself? Yeah, yeah I totally see him.", Ryhs ended my question.

"He's soo pretty, but he seems scared.", I said while looking over to the boy who had be around our age, so around 16, maybe a bit older.

"Mhm, what's that swirling around him?", Rhys questioned.

"Shouldn't you be the one to know?", I mocked him.

"Funny.", he glared at me.

"Let's talk to him.", I said and pulled Rhys along by his arm. "Hey!", I called out and waved as we got closer.

He looked up, panick swirling trough his hazel eyes. His wings shivered and he backed away a bit.

Rhys held me in place so I didn't walk any further.

"We just wanted to greet you.", he said with this calm and powerful voice of his. I nodded along, trying to give a friendly smile.

"Hello.", he mumbled. I don't think I would have heard it without my fae hearing.

"I'm Cassian and that's Rhys.", I told him.

"I'm Azriel.", he said in a quiet voice. It was just as fragile as his body, like it could break at any moment, but with something strong and icy in it.

He fascinated me. And I could feel that Ryhs was intrigued by him too. Probably the first time that we had the same thing in mind and weren't fighting over something.

"Did you just arrive?", Rhys asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

Azriel only gave a little nod.

"And...where are you staying?", I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

Ryhs and I threw each other a look. I gave a slight nod, telling him to invite Azriel.

"You could stay with us.", Azriel took one more step back at Ryhs' offer, now he was openly scared. "Only if you want to of course!", Ryhs explained. "We would never force you or anything!"

"Yeah, we would never, but the nights here are even rougher then the days.", I tried to help my roommate out.

"Is this a trick?", he asked carefully. "Are you trying to trap me?", he went on, watching us through the slits of his eyelids.