"It's okay guys, there's some people we just have to tell" I said, giving a small smile to my friends. "What Dawn saw on Zari's back, it was done by her parents wasn't it?" Carli asked looking at me and I nodded. "There's something else" Chris said "What?" I asked "When we went to go get Zari's belongings from her old home Sonnett and Mal found something. They told me they were looking for the pantry as they were hungry and when aren't they" She said with a little laugh "Instead of finding a pantry they found a cellar. They texted me to come and look at it." "That's why you left me and Ash helping Zari with her stuff" I realised and she nodded.

"When I went in and got to the bottom of the steps, one of the girls turned on the light and there was blood everywhere" Chris continued, with tears in her eyes "But what disturbed me the most was when I got to the other side of the cellar there was blood on the wall, right next to the small freezer. It was about my chest height and-" "Zari is your chest height" I said finishing her sentence in horror and realisation. Christen nodded as tears now slowly ran down her cheeks.

"Her head must have been bashed against the wall" Ash said quietly and Ali grabbed her hand in comfort. "I'm afraid to ask this but what was the freezer used for and was it the only thing in the room?" Caril asked gently, Christen shook her head. "I don't know what it was used for and it wasn't the only thing in the room. There was also a chair that was bolted to the floor in the middle of the room. There was blood all around it more than anywhere else." Christen said with a sniffle, then she whipped the tears away and I pulled her into my side to comfort her.

"God that kid has been through so much more than I thought" Becky said "Yeah and we weren't gonna tell you unless we had Zari's permission but I think things are getting too hard to hide" I said. "We'll help you with whatever you need" Carli reassured us "Thank you. All of you" Chris said looking around the room at our friends and teammates. "Do you know where Zari is now?" Lyss asked "My guess is that she's with Sonnett" Ash answered "Yeah we should probably go find her, we need to have talk" I said, getting up from the bed.

Ash opened the door and I walked out first and the others followed, most going back to their rooms. Ash, Ali and Alex followed me and Christen to Sonnett's room that she shared with Lindsey. I knocked on the door and Moe answered "Hey guys" She said, stepping aside to let us in as she already knew what we were here for. Zari was lying on a bed with Sonnett's arms wrapped around her. "Hey Speedy" I said as I sat beside her but she had her back to me, she poked her head out of Emily's chest to look at me.

"Hi" She said quietly, "You ready to come back to our room?" I asked with a small smile, to make her feel safe. Zari nodded slightly then pulled away from Emily, getting up off the bed but when she did her legs gave out beneath her, I had to catch her before she hit the ground. I looked up at the other vets as the same thought crossed our minds. I returned my gaze back to my daughter and helped her stand upright again. I kept my hand under her arm just in case she fell again.

We slowly made it to the door of Sonnett's room and Zari turned back and waved bye to the girls that were sat around the room. They all waved back, sporting small reassuring smiles. Moe who was still stood bye the door opened it again fro us and waved to Zari as we walked out. Once I heard the door shut I spoke up "When was the last time you ate Zari?" I asked, not remembering myself. Zari just shrugged and carried on walking slowly towards our room. "I believe it was at the house earlier"Alex said.

"I think it's time we all get some food before we start packing" Christen said, "Wait what?" Zari said very confused "Why do we need to pack?" "We're leaving tonight for the match on Monday" Ash told her "And I'm coming with you?" Zari asked, "Yeah. Are you okay with that?" Christen asked "Yeah, I get to miss school" Speedy said with a smile "Actually we were going to email you principle to send over the work for the day" Chris said and Zari's smile dropped. "Oh come on!" She said exasperatedly. "Sorry kiddo you're not getting off that easily" I said with a chuckle.