Chapter 0

Chapter 0

The place was filled with Christmas lights, laughter, and people with their loved ones. It was a place full of sparkles but why does I feel so empty?

This must be what they called Christmas blues.

My lips pursed into lines and my eyes moistened. I feel like I don’t belong here. It was a place for people to celebrate this merry season. Some of them were couples who decided to have their Christmas dinner in this restaurant.

My eyes landed on two customers who just entered the restaurant and that's when I felt my heart break into pieces. I never realize how empty I was not until my gaze followed the couple.

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying as I watched two couples smiling at each other. Their eyes filled with love and joy. I felt a stabbing pain in my heart watching him stare at the girl in front of him.

Those stares were very familiar to me. 

It was the very same look that was full of admiration he used to give me.

I shut my eyes and turned around as I felt my tears roll down my cheeks.

Of all places, why does fate seem to bring him to my restaurant and trigger all the memories that we had together?

Even when he was not with me, I would always settle for the ghost of him.