Part 29: Explanations & Reincarnations!? Clash in the Air!

Our group sits in front of Oscar.

Nora: So... You're Oz?

Oscar looks to the side.

Oscar: Don't make us do anything embarrassing.

Oscar's eyes glow.

Ozpin: It's good to see you all again.

Ruby: Professor Ozpin?

Ozpin: Indeed. An explanation is likely in order. You see, the Ozpin you knew wasn't my first form and as you can see it wasn't the last. I am cursed to reincarnate. When I die, my soul merges with that of someone with a similar Aura.

Nora: This is great! We can just go to Lionheart and show him sweet little boy Ozpin and solve all our problems!

Ozpin: Please don't call me that...

Qrow: I don't think that's a good idea...

Jaune: Why not?

Ozpin: Qrow told me about your meeting with Leonardo. He's disobeying direct orders I gave him. No one else knows that I have merged with Oscar and I would like to keep it that way for now.

Vice: I'm back!

Vice possesses your Gundephone.

Y/N: What'd you find out, Vice?

Ruby: Huh?

Y/N: When we were in Lionheart's office...

(Flashback)

You notice Lionheart type on his desk before returning Qrow's Scroll to him.

Your Thoughts: Vice, I need you to keep an eye on Lionheart, let me know if there's anything up...

You stamp Lionheart's teapot on the table next to you and Vice possesses it without anyone noticing.

Later, Lionheart meets with Watts and Olteca.

Vice's Thoughts: Oh shit... That ain't good...

The three enter a secret section of the office.

Lionheart: S-Salem, your Grace?

Salem: Speak, Leonardo...

Vice's Thoughts: Salem?! That's the woman Qrow told us about! This bastard's playin' double agent!

Leonardo: We... We have the location of the Spring Maiden.

Salem: Excellent work, Watts. I should have sent you sooner.

Watts: Unfortunately, we can't take the credit.

Olteca: Let's just say a little bird told us.

Salem: Explain...

Vice's Thoughts: I gotta tell Y/N!

(End of Flashback)

Vice: So that's the story! Lionheart's a traitor!

Qrow: Are you serious?

Ozpin: As much as I'd hate to agree... It is likely. It explains how Cinder's group infiltrated the Vytal Festival so flawlessly...

Y/N: I thought something was off...

Nora: So we came all this way for nothing?!

Ozpin: No... We must secure the Relic of Knowledge.

Ren: Lionheart probably wouldn't think we know of his betrayal...

Y/N: That gives us an advantage. We'll be able to plan a way to snatch the Relic from under their noses.

Qrow: Without Spring, we can't open the Vault.

Jaune: But from the sound of things, they know where the Branwen Tribe is. We should get to it before they can.

Ozpin: No... Salem likely will likely not act until the most opportune time. We should assess the situation and how you say "play with our hand close to our chest." We act too soon, it could result in ruin... Besides, we need to get you ready for combat.

Ruby: We... Already know how to fight.

Ozpin: You still rely too much upon Crescent Rose. You're hand to hand combat needs work. Mr. Arc, I'm glad to hear you've improved but sad to say you've yet to unlock your Semblance.

Y/N: ...

Meanwhile, our Atlas group continue flying towards Mistral.

August: We're almost across the lake.

George: Oi, Ice Girl.

Weiss: Huh?

George: Heard about what your old man did.

Weiss: ...

George: I just want you to know you're not the only one with daddy issues.

Weiss: What do you mean?

George: My dad died in an accident when I was little.

Weiss: I see... Sorry to hear that...

The ship suddenly shakes.

August: We got company!

George looks outside.

George: Lancers! Daniel, the Condor Vistamp Genomix will give you flight as Demons!

Daniel: Right!

Spider!
Deal!

Daniel: Henshin!

Decide Up! Kamen (Rider!) Demons!

Add!
Condor!
Dominate Up! Condor Genomix!

Daniel activates the Genomix and jumps out of the ship, using the wings' projectiles to try to keep the Lancers at bay. Weiss stands at the entrance and loads her weapon with Dust before launching a barrage of projectiles through her glyphs.

George: I'll take the wheel! August, help give cover fire!

August: Right!

George takes the controls and August runs over to Weiss before putting on his Driver.

Bat!
Confirmed!

August: Henshin!

Versus Up! Kamen Rider Live!

August starts shooting down Lancers as the wasp Grimm try to attack the ship. Daniel tears through the rest as there is a loud screech. An even bigger Lancer flies into view.

Weiss: A Queen Lancer!

The Grimm smacks Daniel as he falls out of the sky.

Live: Daniel!

The Spider themed Rider uses a web shot to latch onto the ship and pull himself up into the ship.

Weiss: George! When I give the signal, fly up!

George: Got it!

Daniel uses his Semblance to plant himself in place as Weiss uses Gravity glyphs to keep herself and Daniel in place. She then starts making a new glyph and an icy knight rises from the glyph.

Live: Woah...

Weiss: Now!

George flies the ship up and the knight falls out of the ship, using Weiss's glyphs to move around and slice apart the Queen Lancer. Before it dies, the Grimm launches spikes into the airship's turbines, damaging them.

Live: Crap! Everyone hold onto something!

Weiss uses Gravity glyphs to try to slow the ship's fall but the four of them still crash. August, Daniel, and George pass out and Weiss is the last to pass out before seeing a woman who looks similar to Yang.

End of Part 29