➤ 𖥻 26ᵕ̈ ⨾ 𝘨𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 ❞

GAS STATION

GAS STATION

It was Denki's dumb idea. I told him it's illegal, but he didn't give two fucks. So he and Mason went and took some air out of one of her tires.

"What's wrong?" I walk up behind her, playing the part of the innocent bystander, even though I'm thrilled by the situation.

She turns around with her mouth still open in shock. I reach out and close it for her. She slaps my hand off and begins to interrogate me.

"PLEASE tell me you had no part in this?" She says. I do as she asks me to, "I had no part in this." I say. She walks past me, scrolling through her phone and then putting it up to her ear.

"Mom, where are you? My tire is flat." She speaks into the phone. I think she might've told Y/n to take me to go get it fixed because now she's grabbing my coat off the hanger and putting it on me.

"You're coming with me and telling the technician I need a new tire." Her hand swings around my back and pushes me to the door. I let her. Y/n's had social anxiety in the past but when she was with me, it didn't seem like it.

I wonder if having Devin around isn't comforting enough for her to be outgoing, and I smile at this newfound feeling of hope.

We drive the deflating tire to the technician that's closest and have her wait in the car while I go speak to the guy. I do this because there's no way I'll be able to change Y/n's mind about it in only forty minutes.

I have to ensure we get to gaze upon the night sky once more, even if it's the last time. So I tell the technician about the tire and pay him with a hundred-dollar bill Carley gave me—I wasn't going to use it anyway-to tell Y/n they're out of tires.

When he does, he explains that we'll have to come back in the morning, which is more than enough time for us to really catch up.

-ˋˏ ༻💥༺ ˎˊ-

I know what he's doing, and I could suggest going to buy my own tire for the technician to use, but I don't. I can't. Something about leaving him is more unbearable now than it was before.

"Okay, well then, I'll just leave my car here." I sigh and lock my car up before hurrying him to walk me back to my parents' place.

When he smiles at me, it's like staring into the sky itself. His eyes are shining like those of a newborn baby. I have to pinch myself to look away.

We're not too far from the house, only a few blocks away, but it's taking us quite a while to get there. This is because I'm afraid of slipping on the icy sidewalks.

So scared that I'm walking at a pace so slow, a high school student literally shoulders past me and I lose my balance. An inch before my butt hits the ground, Katsuki grabs me from underneath my arms and stops me from touching the ground.