➤ 𖥻 02ᵕ̈ ⨾ 𝘣𝘦𝘢u𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘮a𝘯 ❞

BEAUTIFUL MAN

BEAUTIFUL MAN.

I turn around to see Mason with a plastic bat in his hand. He swings it again. "WHO ARE YOU?!" He continues to hit me, even after I surpass him in height, when I stand up. He's still looks the same, but older, and his voice is definitely deeper.

"Mason stop!" Myah gets in front of me, blocking the boys target. "It's Kai! Y/n's ex boyfriend! Remember?!" Those words, ex and boyfriend, make me feel weird. Y/n and I never—but we did act—I guess it's complicated.

Mason drops the bat that's in his hand, and pushes Myah to the side so that he can look at me. He chuckles to himself. I wonder what that's about, but before I can ask, he says, "I do remember you. You're the piece of shit that ruined Y/n's life, for about a year. What are you...what is he doing in our house?!"

"First off, fuck face, don't EVER call him a 'piece of shit' EVER again, or I'll tell dad that you hit me. Second, you have to take the dogs out, so go! Now! Because mom's mad!"

Mason looks back and forth, between the two of us, giving off a nasty look, before calling the dogs, to go outside. I turn my attention back to Myah. "You're mom's mad?" I ask, not remembering her showing any anger.

"Nah, I say that all the time to get him to do things for me," she laughs and takes me back to her room. After a second time inside, I get a better look at it. It looks like her favorite color is purple.

We sit on her bed and she goes on to tell me how Mason and her have been, since they'd last saw me. Apparently Mason has a girlfriend named Emma, but Myah doesn't like her much because she's such an 'unskippable YouTube ad,' whatever that means.

During her ranting and storytelling, I notice the clock on her nightstand reads, seven forty-two p.m. I was certain it was morning, but with these weather conditions, there's really no telling day, from night.

"I have a question." I interrupt her, mid-sentence. "And I may just have an answer for it!" She smiles, batting her eyes a bit.

"How long has it been since we've met?" Originally I was going to ask for her age, but that only meant I'd have to ask how old she was back then too, which sounds suspicious. I don't want her to think I'm using her, or anything like that.

"Oh, it's been a while, hasn't it?" She scoots closer, now letting herself rest against me. "I was only eight, all those years ago, so let's see," she puts her fist out and starts extending her fingers, counting up, starting at eight. "Eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen! Aha! Six years...woah"

I'm also surprised, probably more than she is. The last time I was here, I was sixteen. If I add six years to that age, I get twenty-two, but that's not correct because I'm twenty-five right now.

I guess it makes sense, though, since I teleported here, in the year, from my anime, where I'm currently twenty-five. This is definitely better than what I expected. Part of me thought that I should've teleported here a little more aged up—maybe in my thirties, since I have no idea of how time moves in the real world, when I'm in the fictional one.