𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫: ℑ𝔣 𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱 𝔅𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡

Once again, no smut

Once again, no smut. We're at the last two chapters and there's just not room for it. This is all plot and vampire fights.

Just this and a short epilogue left!

CW: Violence, decapitation, and blood.

"And so we remain immortal; we remain frightened; we remain anchored to what we can control. It all starts again; the wheel turns; we are the vampires; because there are no others; the new coven is formed."
- Anne Rice, Queen of the Damned

"Can he take on three of us at once?" Vada asks as she nervously moves the big bouquet of flowers for the third time this morning. Steve and James are sitting in the pews up front. It's 7:45am, the service starts at 9:00. The family will be arriving at 8:30.

Sam and Kate are getting here in fifteen minutes.

The plan is as simple as they can make it: Wait for Walker at the funeral home, and watch the reaction of everyone in the room.

And then follow him outside and reveal themselves to him.

"I don't know," James replies. "But we have to give it a shot."

"What if he doesn't show?" Steve asks.

"Then we go hunting for him," James replies. "Flip the tables... but I have a feeling he's going to show up."

"I hope you're right," Steve replies as he pops a cigarette into his mouth.

Vada snaps her fingers, pointing at him.

"Hey! No smoking in here!"

"Why?" Steve asks as he motions toward the open casket. The girl is inside of it, fixed up, with a small, red silk scarf around her neck to conceal the wound in her neck. "She doesn't care, she's fuckin' dead!"

"Stevie," James warns, shaking his head.

"Put it out," Vada hisses. "I said there's no smoking in here, and I mean that."

"Okay, okay..." Steve stuffs the cigarette back into the pack. "Sorry."

"So it was you fucks who robbed the blood bank!" Yelena calls as she struts into the chapel with a cup of coffee in her hands. She looks at Vada. "You have blood in your fridge, but no coffee creamer? This shit tastes like battery acid."

Vada rolls her eyes as Yelena sips her coffee and makes a face. Steve turns around.

"Hey, I made that!"

"Might wanna work on your skillset, big buy," Yelena replies as she claps him on the shoulder.

"Well, at least I'm trying," Steve grumbles. "That's what's important."