𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫: 𝔊𝔬𝔬𝔡𝔟𝔶𝔢 ℌ𝔬𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔰

A/N: God, if you're reading this, stop

A/N: God, if you're reading this, stop. It's not for you, babygirl.

CW: Extremely sinful things happening in churches. Sex on a burning altar, choking, biting, blood drinking, bones breaking, murder, angst. It's Vada's first kill, so it's going to be intense.

Lots of Lost Boys and American Werewolf in London references.

All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash
- Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

"Tonight?" Steve asks as they arrange bouquets. "She wants to turn that fast?"

James sighs and shrugs. He was surprised when she brought up the idea of turning so quickly, but to see her working through the guilt of what she had done when she was human is heartbreaking. It's a lot for a person to process. Hell, James still tackles his own guilt around his sister. It makes sense that Vada wants to let it go. He knows she might be trying to run from it, but it's just not possible. The guilt will fade in time, but she's done more than her fair share of reconciling with it. It's time for Vada to work on that guilt on a more fundamental level and begin to heal from it. Turning isn't an erasure of her past, but it'll allow her to live more deeply, more freely, to see the fallibility in humankind, and to have empathy for that.

In that, she can find empathy for herself. She can comfort that person who was broken and unsure.

He wasn't wrong when he told her that this could be a gift.

They just have to get Sam and Kate on board. Vada hasn't said anything yet, but he knows that's weighing heavily on her.

"Yeah. Truthfully, I expected more of a fight from her."

Steve begins to giggle and James rolls his eyes.

"Not like that, you fucking imbecile."

"But she does fight back like that, right? Otherwise you wouldn't be keeping her around. Give you a little push to really bring out the beast?"

James grins.

"No comment."

"Yes!" Steve hisses. "I knew it! Okay, so, where are we going?"

"Well, first thing's first, we have to start killing more inconspicuously," James whispers.

"You mean me."

James rolls his eyes.

"No, I mean us."

"So what do you want to do? Keep all of those bodies in the basement?"

"Those are still there?!"

"Relax, will you? I found a crypt underneath the house. Tons of bones. Kind of like the Paris catacombs. I just stashed the bodies there."