- Hey! I'm so glad you made it. I didn't want to sit alone. – she said standing to greet us.

Of course, the first one was Nate, she gave him a quick peck on the lips. Then they proceeded to greet us individually. She's wearing a nice outfit that matches the school's color and has the letter N written with makeup on her right cheek. N for Nathan? Humans have such weird traditions I don't understand.

- Come, sit. The game's about to begin. – she said signally to the seats.

- Hey babe. Could you take care of my things? – he asked.

- Yeah sure. – she accepted and he handed her his backpack.

- Gotta go, wish us luck. – Nate said and headed to his team.

- So, are you guys excited? – Nadia asked us with a friendly smile, sitting next to Maya.

- I'm going, to be honest, I don't know anything about football. – Maya said

- Uhhh, yeah. I understand. The first games Nathan invited me to, I felt the same. Don't worry, I'll help you through it. – she said cheerfully.

I said it once and I'll keep repeating it. Nadia's nice. Despite her being human, she has grown on us. Even Luke, who hasn't spent so much time with her, admitted to liking her.

It wasn't long before the game started. I must admit, football is everything but boring. There's so much violence, everyone is tackling everyone, I don't even know what's going on. Besides, the stairs are so loud and filled with excitement that it rubs on you. The game was tense, we were winning by 14 points, but the opposite team wasn't giving an inch. They were giving their best on the field, but the out team was better. The game marker sounded, signaling that the time was up. The crowd erupted in cheers; they were so loud I had to cover my ears slightly.

- We won? – Maya asked, confused.

- Yeah! – Nadia exclaimed thrilled.

- Wooooooooooh! – Luke joined the commotion by screaming. He was like this the entire game. I think he might be trying out for the team.

The players were hugging each other in a big circle, aroused from their victory. I tried spotting number 11 to see if I could see Nathan, but they were on top of each other which made it difficult to see. The game ended, but Nathan and the rest were having a team meeting to discuss what they did right and wrong. Meanwhile, we started chatting with Nadia about our day and stuff like that. After a while people started to leave, leaving the football field a lot less crowded. I heard nature calling, so I left for the bathroom.

After getting out of the bathroom I look at the phone. It marks 9:40, wow, we've been here for quite a while. I don't worry since we have permission to come back late. I stare at the phone some more. Nathan gave it to us. I bring out the key ring from my pocket and smell the coffee scent still impregnating it. I grab my collar by the pendant. Nathan gave it to me. I sigh deeply. He's given us so many things to try and make us feel welcome. He's so... my thoughts are quickly interrupted by a voice.

- Here you are. – Nathan deep voice sounded.

- Hey, I thought you were at a team meeting. – I said, a little shocked.

- It ended a couple of minutes ago. – he clarified.

- Good game, you played well. – I congratulate him.

- Thanks, did you enjoy it? – he asks.

- More than I thought. Even Maya got pumped at some parts. It's a good sport. – I admit.