Harry put his mug into the sink and left the kitchen - probably to put on some shoes, and as we walked to the door Mckenzie looked at me hopefully for an explanation, but I just shot her a warning glare that read, 'don't ask'.

Mckenzie grabbed her dress and we put on our shoes, Harry came back down wearing brown boots and twirling his keys on his index finger and the three of us went to get in his car - he lead the way and opened both the passenger and rear doors for us before he quickly strode round to the drivers seat.

Mckenzie scurried into the back seat leaving me the delights of sitting in the front with Harry. We all closed our doors and fastened our seat belts, Harry's BMW roaring to life as he turned the key and the radio started playing much too loudly which he quickly adjusted so it became merely background noise.

Once we were settled Harry turned and leaned through the middle of the front seats to address Mckenzie who sat sheepishly in her seat behind mine. "Where to?"

"Oh, it's cool, you can just drop me at Jess'." Despite the fact Harry was clearly making her a bit nervous (probably after he snapped at me), Mckenzie still managed to keep her cool and act completely normal, forming coherent sentences and everything. I wish I was as confident as she is.

I waited for a salty or demanding remark from Harry about how it was fine and he'd drive her to her house but to my surprise nothing came, he simply nodded his head and slowly turned back to face forwards as he pulled out of his driveway with ease.

Harry drove just a fraction slower today, probably seeing as it was daytime and there was more risk of him getting caught speeding around like a racing car driver during the day. None of us said anything during the ride, we all stayed deadly silent, and I'm not sure if it was just me feeling this way but the atmosphere was tense and unnerving. At one point whilst he was changing gear, Harry's knuckle brushed over my knee which I thought was awkward and I immediately shifted in my seat to get away from him, but Harry didn't seem fazed. If anything he looked aggravated that I was so uncomfortable.

Finally, we made it to my street and Harry parked up outside my house, slotting into a space at the side of the busy road. I released my seat belt and after pushing the door open wide, rather clumsily made my way out of the car in my skimpy dress to find Mckenzie already standing next to me. She ducked down and waved to Harry who nodded his head.

"Thanks for the ride... and the party... and the spot on your sofa," my friend chuckled.

"Yeah, thanks," I managed to add.

"Yeah, sure, no problem," Harry mumbled, hardly even addressing us as he seemingly waited for us to close the door so he could go back home.

Mckenzie sauntered off towards my front door and let herself in, but as I was about to slam the door shut and make my way up the path as well Harry stopped me with a quick, low call of my name. I turned my head sharply and ducked back down to peer through the door at him curiously.

"You okay?" he asked quietly, looking up at me with his eyebrows furrowed - of course.

I glanced over to my front door and my friend was long gone by now, probably making herself at home in my living room and telling my mum any gossip she had yet to catch her up on, so I turned back to Harry. "Uhh... Yeah," I said brightly, putting on a more confident and brave face. "Why wouldn't I be?"

What once was just furrowed eyebrows and a small frown was now almost a concerned scowl being shot in my direction. "You're a horrible liar. Way too anxious."

He was right - very upfront, but right. However I wasn't sure what reaction I was supposed to give to that statement so I just blinked at him with an open mouth.