─── 𝐗𝐈𝐗. SINS OF GRACE'S PAST

Start from the beginning

Her eyes trailed over to her mother who peacefully slept in her hospital bed. It's clear she knew her mother wasn't going to give her the answers she was looking for, but she might know someone who can.

✩.・*:。

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑, Riley found herself in Deaton's veterinarian clinic parking lot. She exited out of her mother's vehicle and headed towards the building.

"Deaton?" Riley called out.

"Right here." The blonde walked towards the back of his office, spotting him taking care of a dog.

"Good afternoon, Riley. I wasn't expecting you until next week. Scott told me you were staying with your mother." Deaton told her.

At the mention of Scott's name, made Riley feel saddened, but she quickly shook off those feelings from days ago.

"So what brings you here?" Deaton asked the teen as he placed the dog inside of the crate.

"The Nogitsune." Riley answered.

Deaton stopped in his tracks with his back was facing her. His reaction gave Riley the confirmation she needed to know.

"He's been visiting me in my dreams, telling me things, hinting that my mother hasn't told me everything. So I'm hoping you will tell me." Riley stated to him.

Deaton turned around, looking at the teen. He took a deep breath

"Seventeen years ago, the Nogitsune has possessed other people before and one of them was your mother."

✩.・*:。

     "𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐒 possessed by the Nogitsune?" Riley asked with such furrowed eyebrows. Her mind was consumed with confusion as to how was that possible.

Deaton paused. "Your mother has informed you of your kitsune heritage?"

Riley nodded her head.

"But I'm sure she has elaborated on what you can do?"

Riley shook her head. "We haven't even gotten the chance to practice anything yet. The book she gave me to read explained it. But what does this have to do with the relationship between my mother and the Nogitsune?"

"Everything." Deaton answered. "Your mother was just like you. Your grandmother wanted to teach her, but your mother wasn't willing to learn. With no proper training on her abilities, she was left her in a vulnerable position. That's when the Nogitsune started visiting her in her dreams."

"He's done this before?" Riley questioned.

"Yes. It's a form of manipulation he used to get in her head. Though your mother did resist his attempts, but that all changed when she met your father."

Riley scoffed. "Klaus Mikaelson."

"Though I never trusted him, for the sake of your mother I tolerated his presence. She was happy and in love. However, that quickly changed when she found out about her pregnancy. Then suddenly he disappeared, leaving your mother all alone."

Riley wasn't as distraught hearing this story again as she was when her mother told me about it years ago. It infuriated the teenager. He wasn't the first man to abandon a pregnant woman because he couldn't accept responsibility, and he certainly wouldn't be the last.

"That heartbreak. That pain, is what allow the Nogitsune to take over her body." Deaton answered before taking a deep breath. "Then she went missing, suddenly there was news of various people in town being found dead and injured due to a set of mysterious accidents. Caused by your mother."

"Just like now." Riley voiced. Stiles had a lot of blood on his hands, because of the dark kitsune inside his mind. He caused numerous accidents that killed and injured a lot of people. One of them was Riley's mother, who was at the hospital with several other victims.

"Because she fed on the injured ones. My father, a Druid, wanted to end this and release your mother. So he went at the hospital with Talia Hale's mother. Derek's grandmother."

"How did you get rid of the Nogitsune from her body?" Riley further questioned.

"Your mother fed from all of the pain she inflicted, further strengthening the Nogitsune's hold on her. My father was an emissary at the time. He subdued her by using a poison that I've used against Stiles. Though the lichen only worked for a few days, so he had to work fast. With the combined forces of both a fox and a wolf."

"Your grandmother and Derek's grandmother, Lilian Hale devised a plan. A fox can't be a wolf at the same time. So plan A was for Lillian to bite your mother."

Riley raised an eyebrow at the revelation. "Obviously Plan A failed."

"Indeed." Deaton nodded. "The Nogitsune figured out that their plan, so he released your mother thinking it would prevent him from being stopped. However, your grandmother used her Yin Warrior powers to seal his spirit in a jar that Lilian had forged. They hid the jar in the middle of forest where no one could find him. By the time, your mother was back normal, she had found out that she was pregnant with you."

Riley digested the words before speaking. "Okay, so I haven't read any incarnation that spoke anything about banishing the Nogitsune in my grandmother's journal."

"Because there isn't any. Your grandmother said she summoned the power based off of instinct." Deaton answered.

Riley guessed that was the only good thing about this story was there are two options for saving Stiles. One being a werewolf bite, which is a fifty-fifty chance because he could reject the bite. Two being Riley summoned her Yin Warrior spirit to banish the Nogitsune away, but she had no idea how to do so."

"Okay, is that all I need to know?" Riley asked Deaton.

"Unfortunately no." Deaton took a deep breath before exhaling a heavy sigh. Riley took this notion as a serious part. "Your mother was just a spirit kitsune gifted with limited power. However, you, Riley, are the Spiritual Kitsune Yin Warrior with vampire blood coursing through your veins and access to the power of a werewolf."

Riley gulped as Deaton continued.

"You are the world's most powerful creature. If the Nogitsune gets control over your body, Beacon Hills isn't the only town in danger. So it imperative that you must learn about your powers and train yourself to fight against him." Deaton stated with seriousness labeled on his face.

✩.・*:。

𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 panicking was understatement. She was borderline losing her marbles, the world was in danger if she didn't learn how to control her abilities. Deaton could be over exaggerating, but then the Nogitsune is a wild card that no one sees coming. Her first was to call her grandmother, however, she's 90 years old and all the way back in London. That would take to much time, so Riley opted for another option.

There she stood on the porch of the Yukimura household, waiting for someone to answer the front door. It only took at least a minute for someone to answer and it happened to be Kira.

"Riley? What are you doing here?" She asked in confusion.

"Hey, Kira." Riley greeted with a small smile. "I need to talk to your mon."

🆃🅷🅰︎🅽🅺 🆈🅾︎🆄 🅵🅾︎🆁 🆁🅴🅰︎🅳🅸🅽🅶