EPILOGUE

❝𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑!❞ ✶· ༘ -͙˚ ༘ ⑅ the end ⑅· ༘ -͙˚ ༘✶ ──────────────────────

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

❝𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑!❞
✶· ༘ -͙˚ ༘ ⑅ the end ⑅· ༘ -͙˚ ༘✶ ──────────────────────

𝐑𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 in her black skater dress at the Beacon Hills Cemetery, placing a flower next to her mother's tombstone, saying one last goodbye. It's been a week since the Nogitsune's demise. The small town, once plagued by the dark creature, had returned to mundane activities. However, the supernatural creatures couldn't bounce back like their counterparts.

"Goodbye, Mom, I will always love you. You won't be forgotten." Riley voiced with a whisper. A tear slid down her cheek.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps approaching from behind her. His scent filled her nostrils. She instantly knew it was Scott. The rest of her friends stood afar, pretending not to watch the interaction.

Scott stood beside her in silence, keeping their eyes on the tombstone.

"The service was beautiful," Scott voiced in a whisper.

"Thank you," Riley replied.

The duo fell silent once again until Scott took a deep breath before speaking again.

"I'm sorry." He announced.

Riley looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Why are you sorry?

"I'm sorry about your mom. It's hard for anyone to lose a parent, but it's even harder for you to lose the only family you have. I can't tell you I know how you feel because I don't." He apologized, pausing for a moment. "I love you, Riley."

Riley looked over at him.

"And it's because I love you that I'm choosing to let you go." Scott voiced.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"I can't be selfish. When your mom died, I can't rush you into a relationship with me. I'll give you the time to deal with your grief." Scott told her. "But that doesn't mean that we'll be completely disconnected. If you need me as your friend, I'll be there. Whenever you want, but if you're ready for this...for us, then tell me. Okay?"

Riley kept her eyes on him as Scott talked, thinking about his words. It wasn't until Scott was done talking that she grabbed his face and pressed a passionate kiss onto his lips. Their lips moved together like magic, and their hearts were in sync.

Riley pulled away, leaning her forehead against his, silent momentarily.

"I love you too, Scott," Riley whispered.

Scott smiled as he leaned back. He couldn't bear to see Riley in so much pain. He wished he could take it away as she did before. But this wasn't physical pain.

The sound of a car horn diverts the duo's attention to see Chris Argent pulling up in his truck.

"Riles, that's our ride," Allison announced as Isaac, Ethan, and Aiden descended towards the vehicle.

"That's my ride, I gotta go." Riley stroked Scott's cheek and kissed it. "I'll see you soon."

"Soon," Scott replied with a smile.

Riley walked towards the vehicle, but the sight of Melissa prompted her to stop and hug the older woman.

"It'll be okay. You're a strong girl. Scott's lucky to have you."  Melissa whispered.

"I'm lucky to have him," Riley replied, pulling away.

Melissa gave the blonde a reassuring smile that she returned before Riley made it to the vehicle.

Leaving was the most challenging choice Riley had to make. But she needed a breather from Beacon Hills for her sake.She got in the passenger seat, slipping on her seatbelt with a small sigh.

"You okay?" Isaac asked her, leaning up from the backseat.

Riley glanced back at her friends, spotting the worried expressions on their faces. The members of her new pack. Though Riley wasn't able to save her mother, she was grateful for those she could save.

"Yeah." Riley answered.

"You're really sure you want to go?" Chris asked her.

Riley looked at him and nodded, prompting Chris to place the vehicle in drive and drive away from the graveyard.

🆃🅷🅰︎🅽🅺 🆈🅾︎🆄 🅵🅾︎🆁 🆁🅴🅰︎🅳🅸🅽🅶

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 — Here we are with the final chapter of the first book of the Riley Mikaelson Series and it took a while to get here, but we're here

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 — Here we are with the final chapter of the first book of the Riley Mikaelson Series and it took a while to get here, but we're here. I want to thank everyone for reading, voting and commenting, for giving this little book chance!

The sequel is posted. Introducting:
THE PRODIGAL MIKAELSON

 Introducting: THE PRODIGAL MIKAELSON

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.
🎉 Je bent klaar met het lezen van 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑, 𝗌𝖼𝗈𝗍𝗍 𝗆𝖼𝖼𝖺𝗅𝗅 🎉