47 ¦ To Myself

After the free time, we all went together to a park and looked at a few sights. Ni-ki wasn't with us, of course, probably going back to the hostel. The whole time I got nasty looks from Lilien, as if she knew that Ni-ki and I had met. She probably knew that too... That snake always knows everything. I tried to ignore her looks as best I could. 

"I heard you were kidnapped." I whispered to Vic and she blushed a little while I raised my eyebrow. 

"I really wanted to wait for you, but he...I...Heeseung just-" she tried to explain, but I interrupted her. 

"It's okay. I'm not mad." I smiled at her and she calmed down again. If Victoria hadn't left, I'd probably still be mad at Ni-ki. And I shouldn't be mad, that just wastes my energy unnecessarily. 

"Have you been alone all this time then?" She looked at me apologetically, shocked. 

"No..." I bit my lower lip and Vic snapped her eyes open. 

Did you find a hot guy here?!" She said it so loudly that I immediately pressed my hand over her mouth.

"Shhhh. No I didn't!" I had to laugh a little, even though everyone was looking at us funny now. She mumbled something into my hand and I quickly took it away. 

"Then what happened?" She repeated.

"Ni-ki was there. And he invited me out to dinner." I said in a whisper and looked briefly at Lilien, who thankfully didn't give me a death stare for once. 

"Ni-ki? But I thought you were mad at him?" She whispered back. 

"I was. But there's no point in me being mad. He hasn't let up." I said and Victoria smirked. 

"I just hope he doesn't hurt you..." Vic looked at me seriously now and I nodded. 

"I hope so too. My heart has already gotten a few cracks because of Yeonjun.... If Ni-ki hurts me, I'm afraid then my heart will burst..." I bit my lower lip uncertainly and she put her hand on my arm. 

"If it shatters, I'll pick up all the pieces again and we'll glue them back together." She smiled at me and I returned her smile with thanks. 

In the evening we were back at the hostel and Victoria and I went up to our room to rest. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Ni-ki came in. I sat up and looked at him confused. 

"What are you doing here?" Victoria looked first at Ni-ki and then at me. 

"Are you coming to the forest, the others want to sit around and play truth or dare?" He looked at me, waiting for my answer. 

"Honestly, I don't really feel like it." I said. 

"Please sweetheart. I don't want to go there either, but Lilien said she'd rat me out to the teacher if I didn't show up. I've cleared it with the others, they don't say anything, but Lilien is just-"