sketches - soap

Começar do início

"Johnny, you don't have to show me. It's not that big of a deal." I smiled at him, placing a gentle hand in the crook between his neck and shoulder. I made sure to speak softly so as to not scare him off.

"I just- It's comforting I guess." He mumbled. "To write and draw. Helps me remember the good things in the world. Things I like. Things I love." He slowly handed the closed journal over.

I looked him in the eyes, slowly opening the cover. If he wanted to back out then I would still let him. When there was no indication of him wanting to back out I let my eyes flicker down to the first page. There were scribbles of note from previous missions he had been on before 141. I could see song titles that looked like they were written quickly and every once in a while there was a small sketch of a plant or another object. I smiled at a watermelon with a knife through it, and made a mental note about the amount of times 'Credenhill' was mentioned.

Each page seemed to bring more information and more insight into who Soap was. I would laugh at a couple of quickly written jokes that he had told me before. I smiled upon seeing Price's name for the first time, accompanied by a sketch of the Captain's head.

"The facial hair is spot on." I giggled. Soap rolled his eyes, but smiled nonetheless.

I continued to flick through the pages, mostly of workout routines, mission path plans, and things to do. He was a talented drawer, the details on specific weapons or vehicles were so specific.

I didn't ask who Nikolai or other people who I didn't know were. That was his business. I was also just content being able to observe every detail in the journal.

"Not a big dog fan?" I asked as my eyes raked over a scary sketch of some dogs. Soap let out a hum next to me. When had he gotten so close? He was now pressed up to my side, looking at each page with me, like he was reliving the moments.

I smile seeing Gaz's name repeatedly throughout the journal. "I didn't know you've known Gaz for as long as you've known Price."

Soap hummed again. "Lad's been like a little brother for a long time. Didn't know they let someone that young do the kinda jobs we do, but there he was. Hasn't let me down since."

I nodded, examining every bit of his face as he spoke. Selfishly, my eyes lingered on my favorite features. His eyes seemed to sparkle and I loved the little scar that ran under his lips on his chin. Everything about him seemed perfect to me. My heart pounded in my chest, the feelings I had been harboring for him continuously growing, and I knew one day I would burst.

My eyes flickered down to the pages again. I chuckled seeing the tic-tac-toe games and the statements of dread about Russia and beets. There were a few mazes drawn on a page and I wondered if he had created the maze or had been the one to complete it.

"If horses don't work, maybe smoking will?" I questioned before continuing. "They're smooth, Price has taste." I read the words carefully. "John MacTavish, you sneaky son of a bitch. You smoke cigars with Price?"

Soap shook his head. "Not anymore. It was a moment of weakness, times of high stress."

I nodded. "The Glasgow Football Club," I whispered as I traced my finger over the drawing of the emblem.

"I'll have to take you to a match sometime." He smiled at me.

"I'd like that. You'll have to explain everything that's happening to me, but it will still be fun." I chuckled.

I flipped the page and perked up seeing information about 141. I smiled seeing a bit about Roach, who was away on a short mission at the moment.

"What the hell kind of a name is Ghost?" I read laughing the whole time. "Johnny, your callsign is Soap. Ghost's makes more sense than Soap."