He blinked.

I slowly blinked back.

He cracked a smile.

I would smile and cover my face with my arm.

"Did you sleep with your contacts in?" He asked.

I shook my head. "At first I did, but I woke up at like three in the morning and took them out. I can't see shit right now, except everything up close." I replied.

He nodded. I let my hand trail up to his face, my hand laying against his cheek, feeling the stubble that was waiting to grow. His jawline was sharp and was clenched as I touched him. I moved closer toward him as I felt a draft come through the apartment.

He hissed as I rubbed against him.

"Whoops," I whispered.

"Yeah, whoops is right." He replied, voice tight.

"Might wanna go fix it." I teased, throwing my leg over his hip.

He laughed, his right hand holding my hip. "You're a little tease, you know that?" He asked, mocking me. I shrugged.

"It's in my nature, I can't help what I say or feel."

He swallowed hard, pulling back. He stared me in the face, the eyes– the lips– the eyes again before swallowing hard. "You love me?" He asked voice strained.

There it was.

I didn't expect it to fly out of my mouth the way it had last night, but do you blame me? Could you blame me? He made my grandma's sauce. He went out of his way to find the recipe, which not many people know but me and a few others. Her recipe was easy, but not many people could put the right amount of sugar, and he did. He did. He went out of his way, and he did.

I had kept my emotions, and everything else involving my mentality and heart on lockdown for two years. I didn't allow anyone near me or my mind– I didn't want to be hurt again. And here he was, back for a second chance that I gave him by going out on a whim, and he tried.

He tried.

How are you not supposed to tell someone you love them when you've never stopped?

"I do. I love you." I whispered.

A smile overtook his face as he gave me a cheeky grin. "God, I never thought I would hear those words come out of your mouth ever again."

I didn't either.

Not because I wouldn't give him another shot, but because I didn't think he would come back for me to tell him that. I had told him in letters, but never did I think that he would come back and we would be in the position that we are in now; him trying.

"Thanks for coming back, and thanks for writing me back– even if it's two years too late." I teased. He leaned forward, kissing my forehead.

"Thanks for finding your plane ticket." He teased back. "You wanna read another letter–" He was cut off by a loud vibrating noise. I sat up, turning to face my phone that was on the coffee table in front of the long sectional.

When I saw the name 'Aurora' pop up, I immediately reached for the phone, hoping that it really was her. I ignored Blaise for a moment as I hit the 'accept' on the screen and shoved the phone to my ear.

"Rory?" I spoke her name quickly.

"Hey, sorry I haven't called. Things have been crazy lately." Hearing her voice felt good.

"No, no– it's okay. Did you get my messages?" I asked.

"Yes, I did. I miss you so much. How's everything?" She asked, but still, something in her tone didn't sound right.