"Why didn't you call me?"

She gave him a glare and he smiled totally reading her expression.

"It's okay I've seen it all already." she flushed but he scrubbed her down efficiently. She was too feeble to oppose his gestures. He dried her and carried her to the bed that had fresh blue satin sheets. He dressed her in a large t-shirt of his and dried her hair while she leaned against his solid chest. She remained quiet while he dressed her, too embarrassed to speak.

He fitted the sheets around her as he would a five year old.

"I'll get you some thing to eat, you must be famished."

"Thank you," she whispered hoarsely,

 He smiled, "You're welcome" was all he said as he disappeared out of the room.

June scrambled to get up, she had to get out of here and get her hands on her mobile. She saw his coat hanging on the hook across the room. She searched it but no mobile, she crawled to the bureau and all she found were his clothes. He found her on her knees crawling to the bed.

He put down the tray and picked her up.

"Just where are you going to?" he said almost lovingly as he carried her like a child.

"Please I need to contact my family, I need my phone. I need it please!" she pleaded with him as he placed her under the covers.

"Your family knows that you are okay."

"What! How?" she was puzzled.

"Your parents have been phoning regularly to check up on you, they know that you were sick and well then...," he said nonchalantly letting his voice drift away as if he did this every day.

"But... How?" she was still unsure how he had contacted her family.

"Your mobile is a pretty busy one; your family seem to be concerned?"

She sat up straight, "Wouldn't you be? Where's my phone?" he took it out of his back pocket and handed it to her, she hurriedly dialled her parent's number as he stood watching,

"Mom, yes, yes, I'm fine, no I am feeling much better," she breathed deeply answering her mother's rapid fire questioning.

Dmitri could not hear what her mother was saying but by the way, she was glancing at him every few seconds, she knew that he was part of the conversation. He retreated to the bathroom to give them some privacy as he tidied it up. 

"Honey we are so happy that you're recovering so fast your young man is a keeper."

"My what?"

"No need to be shy honey he told us everything how you two met, we are so happy for you?"

"But Mom?"Her mother was ranting on and not letting her get a word in edge wise.