"Yeah, I love them almost as much as my best friend." she giggled, thinking about Ashton and his obsession with Led Zeppelin. 

"Oh really? I love them too!" Chris said.

"Chris, I think I like you already." Rosa laughed, making Chris chuckle.

They came into sociology class and Chris sat down beside Rosa. Luke would often sit in that seat, but Rosa didn't want to sit with Luke because he was being an asshole so she didn't even care to tell Chris that Luke often sat there. They didn't have permanent seats so they could sit wherever they wanted.

The teacher came and there was no sight of Luke before five minutes into the class. His hair was in a big mess and his clothes were wrinkled. It was obvious that he had made out with Britney again, just like he often did. 

"Mr.Hemmings." the sociology teacher sighed, just waving him off as Luke walked over to his usual seat. 

He stood right in front of Chris who was currently talking to Rosa.

Rosa noticed how his facial expression changed from normal to confused to angry. 

"That's my seat." he snapped to Chris, making Chris turn around and stop the converstation with Rosa. 

They were talking about Avengers. Chris furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Uh really? I'm sorry I didn't know." he mumbled nervously. 

"Chris, it isn't permanent. Luke doesn't own that chair." Rosa explained, rolling her eyes at Luke who glared at Rosa. 

"Yeah I do. I always sit there." he spat. 

The sociology teacher was just staring at the three of them, not even trying to stop the conflict. All the others students were also staring at them.

Rosa hated the attention she got and Luke didn't look like he was going to move until he got the seat. 

"It's no problem, I'll just sit down behind you Rosa." Chris said, probably scared of Luke. 

Rosa sighed, but nodded. She knew Luke was too stubborn to give in. 

"Fine." Rosa said, her eyes glaring into Luke's.

When Chris stood up and walked behind Rosa, Luke smirked and sat down beside Rosa. 

"Unbelievable." she muttered, ignoring Luke like he had done earlier. 

"Got a new friend?" Luke asked, hinting to Chris. 

"Not your business." Rosa snapped back.

The teacher was now talking again so Rosa started writing down notes. 

"Who was he?" Luke asked. 

Rosa just groaned, turning her head so she locked eyes with Luke.

"Why are you so annoying?". 

Luke gave her another smirk. 

"He's new." she muttered, knowing Luke wouldn't stop asking until he got an answer.

Luke turned around and stared at Chris who tried to ignore his gaze, making Luke chuckle as he waved at Chris. 

"Stop it." Rosa hissed, sick of Luke trying to tease Chris.

"Why are you being so mad?" Luke asked. 

Rosa wanted to scoff and roll her eyes. 

"You know why." she muttered. Luke just frowned, shaking his head. 

"Unbelievable. You think I want to be some hidden friend to you that you're embarrassed about hanging out with in school? I won't do that Luke." Rosa explained to him, ignoring his gaze. 

"But-" he began, but Rosa shook her head. 

"Luke. Let's face it, you care too much about your reputation to even admit that you're hanging out with someone unpopular. You're actually embarrassed of me and I can't do this with you. We are better off just ignoring each other." she mumbled to him. 

Luke sighed, ruffling his hair.

"I'm not embarrassed by you." Luke muttered. 

Rosa just scoffed. 

"Bullshit, Luke. We both know that and it's okay. I don't care, just live your perfect popular life okay? I don't want to be a part of it anyways.". 

She was lying though, Rosa did care. Luke was always creeping himself into her mind and even though she hated to admit it, he made her feel happy and special. He was nice to her, kind and made her laugh. She liked knowing that his life wasn't as perfect as everyone else thought.

But Rosa knew that she didn't want to be some hidden friend for him. She didn't want to get ignored of him when they were at school. Rosa didn't like that, she deserved better than a friend who couldn't even admit that they were friends in front of his own friends. She knew that Luke actually was a decent person, but he was trying too hard to be perfect and Rosa wasn't perfect nor would she ever be.

"I'm sorry." Luke sighed as the class was done. 

"Don't be, we aren't meant to be friends." Rosa shrugged, trying to fake a smile at him. 

She knew she had some weird and conflicted feelings for Luke. The kiss they shared made her feel things she never had felt before which freaked her out, but Rosa hoped that when they went back to the same routine where they ignored each other, the feelings would go away.

Chris waited on Rosa. 

"Seriously that Luke dude is freaking creepy, he glared at me when he left the class room." he mumbled. Rosa rolled her eyes. 

"He's Luke Hemmings, the most popular senior at school. He's dating the cheerleader and most popular girl, Britney." Rosa explained to him. 

"Oh, I see, that's why he was acting like a jerk. The populars are always jerks." Chris stated. 

"Yeah." Rosa said, but wasn't completely sure if she meant it. 

She knew Luke had a good heart, she knew Luke cared and that he was kind too, but he was acting like an asshole whenever he was in school though, which was sad.

Rosa had introduced Chris to Ashton and they found the tone quickly. They were currently eating lunch in the cafeteria and Rosa could literally feel Luke's eyes from the other side of the room. 

She looked up from her table and met his eyes. They sat there for a long time, just staring in each others eyes before Calum started talking to Luke. Rosa returned to the converstation Ashton and Chris had about some bands, but couldn't quite concentrate because every now and then she would catch a glimps of Luke's eyes on her.

Rosa didn't know what Luke's problem was, why he looked so angry but she tried to ignore Luke even though it was hard. He was always on her mind for some weird reason and she didn't like it at all. Why did he have to have that effect on Rosa?