Trial and Co. - Part 16

Ello. I give this as an early Christmas present. It's quite a long chapter, and at the end there's some NSFW content that you can skip if you're not interested. Hope you all have a good holidays, and enjoy. Don't forget to leave comments and votes - thank you. 

PS - I plan to redo the entire fucking fanfiction. Not the plot, just parts of my grammar and literacy. I might throw in some more wee details, so if you want, I will inform you all of when it has been corrected so you can go back and re-read. Toodles!

---  

Fletcher pulled on his boots and did the laces up, yawning as he did so, wriggling on the edge of the bed. It was early; early enough that the sun was only just rising. Sylva shifted behind him, before sitting upright in bed and hugging Fletcher from behind.

"Cant we go back to bed for five more minutes?" She mumbled into Fletcher's back. He smiled warmly and leant his head back. It rested on the top of hers.

"You can. Don't worry, I'll get you up." She kissed his cheek in thanks before laying back down. Standing up and picking his jacket off of the end of the bed, Fletcher quietly exited the room. When he arrived in the common area, he was greeted by six faces: Arcturus, Uhtred, Malik, Verity, and Briss. Verity smiled at him.

"Good morning Fletcher. Everyone is still in bed. We don't have to leave for two hours. Care for breakfast?" Fletcher nodded and smiled back, gratefully taking the plate stacked with food when Briss shoved it into his hands. He took a seat beside Malik and opposite Arcturus.

"So.....What's the plan?" Fletcher said after inhaling an egg. Malik spoke up through his mouth in a coffee cup.

"The carriages will be arriving shortly. They'll take us straight to the palace. Verity will ride ahead to call the trial, so we arrive in good time, but the other nobles won't. Harold has been informed, and will try to prevent the nobles from arriving as well. We've got insiders scattered in the public to gather people to immediately agree to the law. Sound good?"

Fletcher nodded respectively. "Sounds better than I could have hoped. Who is all coming in the carriages?"

"You, I, Sylva, Finn, Seraph, Arcturus and Elaine. Harold, Verity, Arthur and Rowan will meet us there." Fletcher nodded once more, then delved further into his breakfast.

An hour and a half later, the whole team was up and standing awkwardly around the road while the carriages drew to a stop in front of them. Arcturus, Elaine and Finn headed for the back carriage, while Seraph, Malik, Sylva and Fletcher went for the front. Once they were all in, and the drivers were ordered, the carriage's wheels started trundling onward. Fletcher laughed at the group with him.

"Seems like quite a throwback to our first year, doesn't it?" Malik chuckled at Fletcher's joke.

"Yes, but this time, you and I aren't in an arena trying to fight each-other." The team laughed and joked until the carriages bore them to Corcillum.

---

Fletcher swallowed his fear, sweat running down his back as he helped Sylva out of the carriage. Even with the meticulous planning that had went into this, Fletcher still felt dread as he and his group walked in the crowded streets of the city, their hoods up and their robes tugged tight around them. The palace loomed over them, its prettiness blinding Fletcher's eyes. They were promptly stopped by the guards at the gates. Malik tore his hood down, and proudly declared their purpose. The guards blanched and opened the gates for them, signalling the door guards to do the same. Soon they entered the foyer of the castle. Harold stood, rubbing his hands. They cast their hoods down, and Harold smiled widely at them.