14

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀

"Thea Thea Thea!" I heard Luna yell from the tub. I set my book down going into the bathroom seeing her standing up.

"Oh my gosh Luna." I said covering my eyes.

"Oopsies." She said while I handed her the towel. "All done." She said making me open my eyes. I reached over to the tub unplugging the drain and taking her out.

While we walked over to her room I made sure she wasn't shivering since I turned on the heat before she got back in.

"Do I have to brush my teeth tonight." She sighed.

"Of course, you don't want bad night breath do you?" I teased causing her to shake her head no. She went into her bathroom and came out a few minutes later while I gave her her gummies.

"Are you reading me a book tonight?" She asked making me nod. She smiled hopping into bed while I tucked her in. She picked out her favorite book and I sat next to her on the bed.

*

After a hour or two I was just now getting out of the shower since Luna wanted me to read her three books. I yawned checking my phone seeing texts from Allie and my other friends.

I laughed at one of Allie's text and responded in the group chats while drying my hair. I went into my closet and put on some poka dot shorts and and black tank top. I got a bit thirsty so I went downstairs looking into the fridgerator when I heard something outside the front door.

I didn't turn the light on I only had my phone flash on. I walked to the door looking out the window putting my flash down not seeing anything. But I realized that the two men that were always by the front door i'm guessing as security wasn't there anymore.

the noise was probably them.

I shrugged walking back over to the kitchen grabbing the minute maid out seeing Nicolas got my favorite one. Lemonade. When I poured it into the cup I heard another sound but it came from the patio. I slowly set it down and peeked over the kitchen wall not seeing anything.

At this point I think I was just hearing things. I slowed down my breathing and started drinking out of the glass when I heard a gun shot making me drop the glass.

I jumped accidentally stepping into it instantly. I winced and almost fell to the ground when I heard banging on the door that led to the patio. I slowly crawled over and peeked seeing a guy in all black onto the door with a gun into his hand. He started banging more and more but it was plastic. But that doesn't mean he can't break into it.

He shot at the door almost denting it making me jump instantly. Shit he saw me. He kept banging and banging when I saw another man causing them to both bang together. I sniffed and tried as hard as i can to stand up since the glass was basically dented into my feet. I ran up the stairs meaning that they definitely saw me.

I ran into Luna's room closing the door and locking it. "Luna get up sweetie." I said quickly taking her covers off. She lowly woke up rubbing her eyes knowing that she was upset since she hates getting woken up.

"H-huh?" She asked.

I realized that I left my phone downstairs making me curse again. I picked Luna up from the bed and went into her closet closing and locking it. I hid her into her clothes seeing her shaking.

"What's going on?" She asked with her voice getting shaky.

"I need you to be a big girl for me okay? Do not move from this spot. If you hear anything a scream, a glass, anything I don't want you to move okay? Do you understand me?" I asked causing her to just look at me.

"Luna I asked you a question." I said seeing a tear drop from her eye. "Please just don't move okay?" I asked again making her nod. I wiped the tears from her eyes and kissed her forehead. "Lock the closet back." I told her.

I quickly got up and got out of the closet making sure she locked it. Once I heard the door click I walked out of her room locking that door too. I had to get to my phone. I slowly tiptoed down the stairs seeing they broke through the patio door making me shake even more.

I went down the stairs quietly seeing my phone on the floor under the cabinet. I looked around the corner seeing Nicolas's office with a flashlight guessing they were in there. I went over to the kitchen as quiet as I can picking up my phone and wiping the juice off of it seeing them come back down the hall. I scrawled over to the other side of the wall seeing the same men in black outfits.

I saw them about to go upstairs making me think of Luna. Shit. I quickly texted Nicolas and saw a piece of glass on the floor from when I dropped the cup. I was shaking at this point I have never experienced anything like this.

But I had to do it for Luna. I grabbed the thickest biggest piece I saw and took in a deep breath. I got up and ran over to one of them jumping onto his back causing him to fall back from the stairs and onto the ground but he fell on me. I saw his other partner reaching for something in his back pocket but I wouldn't let go of the man.

He was trying to get me off but I held on and held the glass tightly while stabbing it anywhere in him. I felt it go in his side making him yell. "You stupid bitch." He said using his elbow to hit me in my stomach making me grunt. I used my last bit of strength to stab him again but he used his hand to hit me. I tried to hard but my grip was getting weaker. He hit me one last time in my stomach making me instantly letting go while coughing and loosing my sight from when he hit my head with his.

All I saw was the two of them standing over me. I can't let Luna down. I can't die like this. I heard gun shots seeing the two men bodies not above me anymore but my sight was getting weaker and weaker. "Shit." I heard seeing someone else above me sounding like Marco.

I heard Italian accents and after hearing the voices I slowly passed out not seeing anything anymore.

-