12

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀

"I thought you wanted these." I sighed. It's been two days and Luna has been feeling a little better and she was picking out her clothes for the day since we were going in the backyard on the other of the house since she wanted to pick out some flowers and see the dogs.

"I want this." She said picking out a yellow dress.

"Luna this still has a tag on it, I don't know if you can wear something new outside since you might be playing around." I told her making her pout.

"Pick out something black?" She asked.

"You could, do you have any black outfits?" I asked making her nod. "Let's see." I got up looking through the closet with her picking out a shirt and jeans that were dark colored.

"Okay." She smiled. I helped her put her shirt and pants on and she put her shoes on. She grabbed my hand and we went downstairs and into the backyard.

Her dad was in his office all day along with Marco so only Elijah and Kai and security were out there. "Doggies." Luna squealed seeing them playing catch with each other.

"Luna stay close!" I said going after her. She took the frisbee from the dogs mouth and threw it but since her arms were so tiny it didn't go far making me laugh. Then the dogs started giving her piggy back rides.

"Hey." Kai said coming by me.

"Oh hi." I waved.

"She's a funny kid isn't she?" He asked.

"She is."

"Why did you take the babysitting job?" He asked to make conversation.

"I love kids. I was looking and then I ran into Luna, then Marco, and I ended up here." I told him.

"Why don't you give me your number? We can talk sometime just in case something happens or you get bored. You could use some friends around here can't you?" He asked

"Oh I- Or are you seeing anyone now? That night at the club I just thought we would at least have each others number." He asked cutting me off,

"It's just- Kai." I started to say but was cut off. We turned around and I saw Nicolas standing there with his hands in his pocket staring Kai down.

I saw Kai glare at him. "Office now." Nicolas said. After the glares Kai looked back at me and smirked while walking towards Nicolas and going inside.

Nicolas went inside with him and I let out a breath going to where Luna was. "What's your favorite color?" She asked me.

"Pink, blue and yellow." I told her.

"That's more than one Thea." She laughed. She went towards the other flowers and came back to me handing me the three color flowers that I said I liked.

"Do you guys grow them here yourselves?" I asked.

"Me, and daddy used to, but now the gardeners do it for us." She told me.

"Do you guys do it sometimes together still?"

She shrugged. "Sometimes."