52

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀

"Marco have you ever been engaged or married?" I asked while we sat on the couch watching Monsters Ink. I swear sometimes it's like he's just here, I've never seen him out fully out in the field but I know Marco's a beast.

It was 11pm and Nicolas still wasn't here. I know he probably told Marco to come over even though he already has a thousand guards around the house.

"I got engaged at 16. Don't ask." He sighed making me laugh.

"Did you love her?" I asked.

"Um I think so. It was mostly just young stupid teenage love but she was the first girl I've ever loved in my mind." He told me.

"Do you still talk to her?" I asked.

"Is grass brown?"

"No.." I trailed.

"Then there's your answer." He said making me roll my eyes. "Why you ask?"

"I was just wondering." I shrugged.

"Hope your not trying to make a move on me." He smirked sarcastically.

"Gross." I fired back.

"There has to be a reason why you asked. And marriage specifically? Something going on?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I was just wondering seriously." I repeated making him nod.

  I looked at the time seeing that Nicolas still wasn't back but I tried to calm down my nerves. "He's fine Thea." I heard Marco say while throwing popcorn in his mouth.

"What?"

"Nicolas is fine." He told me.

"How did you- Your jittering and your interrupting my movie. He's fine." He sighed cutting me off.

"What is he doing?" I asked.

"You don't want to know." He said making my eyes go wide. He was right, I probably didn't. I knew it was something violent.

I really couldn't get my mind off the ring.

"Turn around you fucking dumbass!" Marco yelled at the tv. "They make people so stupid in horror shows."

*

I felt a light kiss onto my forehead heading footsteps making me rub and open my eyes since my sight was blurry. It was dark at first but with the small phone light from away I saw that it Nicolas. I checked my phone on the nightstand seeing that it was 3am.

"Nicolas." I sighed seeing him look at me while hanging up the phone.

"Didn't mean to wake you." He told me. I ignored what he said and quickly got out of bed going to me giving him the tightest hug. My arms were wrapped around his torso with my head on his chest inhaling his scent.

"What's wrong?" He asked moving my hair from my face.

"You were gone for a long time." I told him hearing him chuckle.