𝑨

How I got attracted to you with no reason ~

Lee Jeno has always been a simple boy. He loved all the people that loved him, and deeply cared for them.
His happiness would come from the good feelings of his family and friends, so he always had to make sure of their felicity.

He was a very empathetic and sympathetic kid, so with just a glance he could be able to understand his friends' emotions. It didn't trouble him too much at the time: he truly just wanted them to be happy.
And, apparently, his smile was enough to make them so.

His parents always mentioned his eye-smile as the most precious thing in the world. They would look at him in wonder and tenderness as his smiles always succeeded in calming them. They were a very peaceful family; his parents never argued violently and Jeno never bickered with his older sister. But, they were boring.
And he was boring too.

The only one that actually liked his humour was Jaemin, his best friend.

He played around in the streets with his neighbours' kids, running and causing mischiefs in the neighbourhoods. But no one laughed at his jokes, no matter how much he tried to be funny.

Then, one day, new people moved in the uninhabited house next to his.
Jeno vividly remembered that moment, in which he was watching this new family getting out of their car. The moment he saw her for the first time.

She was small, and probably of his same age, but even from his window he could see how cute she was.

He didn't dare to approach her. His neighbours did it, asking for her name and if she wanted to play with them. She shyly said her name, which Jeno didn't catch, but she didn't want to join them.

During the next weeks, Jeno always saw her alone, in the garden of her house or walking around the neighbourhood with her kind-looking dad. He never saw her mother.

She seemed very calm and shy, but she would also sadly look at him and his neighbours whenever they were playing. She didn't really seem to enjoy this loneliness.
So, one evening, Jeno sneaked out of his house to greet her from her garden.

"Hi." He shyly said, and luckily she heard him. "Hi."

"My name is Jeno. You?"

"Oh, I'm Hanbyeol."

Jeno nodded in aknowledgement, as he remembered learning that word in class. "Your name is cute."

"Yours too. I like it."

They smiled at each other, not really knowing what to say. So, Hanbyeol resumed looking at the book she was previously reading. "What are you reading?"

She looked up, visibly stunned. No kid has ever seemed interested in what she did.

"Come." She said motioning with his hand, so Jeno climbed over the garden fence to sit next to her on the grass. "It's a book my daddy gifted."

"Oh, but that's the moon!" He exclaimed as he watched over the page she was reading. "Yes. It's an astronomy book for kids."

"Astronomy...?" He asked confused.

"It's about stars and planets."

"Isn't it something old kids learn in school?"

"I think. But my daddy teach astronomy and I want to be like my daddy."

Jeno glanced at her and then at her book, trying to read all those complicated things about the moon. It was beautiful, but all those words weren't.

"I don't think I like astronomy..." He lowly murmured, and Hanbyeol nodded. "Yeah, I don't too."

The gaze into each others eyes before smiling. They both liked to be similar.

"So... We both hate astronomy. How about we look at the stars all night long?"

Her smile widened and nodded vigorously. She liked to be with this smiley kid.

They lay down on the grass, right next to each other, and stared at the magnificent sky above them. The moon was waning crescent, the constellation of Ursa Major was faintly visible and Mars was dominating the sky that night.
It was such a beautiful view that made every kid gape at it, and Lee Jeno and Kim Hanbyeol were no exception.

"Why don't you wanna play with us?" The boy said, caught up in that ispirational moment.

"I don't want to make people suffer. We'll leave Seoul and I don't want someone to be tied to me..."

Jeno deeply thought about her words and how sad she seemed to be. She was sacrificing her childhood and happiness for people that she didn't even know. She was really humble and kind.

"You're really kind."

Hanbyeol turned her head to him and smiled happily.

"And you're funny."

Cʜᴇʀʀʏ's Nᴏᴏᴋ:

Cʜᴇʀʀʏ's Nᴏᴏᴋ:

SO. I'M BACK WITH THE 3RD STORY.

How are you? I hope y'all are doing well, since tomorrow is my last day of school and we have a whole morning of freedom, no lessons but just groups made by students. I also have a mini concert with the school band and I will sing in public for the first time (pray for me🙏)

I'm sorry I left the Dream Series for so long, but I was focusing on my Italian stories, which are more complicated and simple at the same time and I'm just adding more and more to this soup by publishing future spin-offs and sequels and yeah.
Plus, December was such a horrible month with keeping up with the thousands of millions of tests and all my activities so it's kind of a miracle that I have been able to write this story. Be thankful✨🤌

I'll leave you to the story, the first one (and maybe the only one) that won't be angst. Enjoy✨💕