𝑳

In a place where there's nothing, I wish it was only us two ~

It was mid-August, one of the first windy days after the summer's heat, when Jaemin got in Lee Jeno's private flat, uninvited

The two best friends were now grown men, freshly out of university but with a secured job. Many things had changed since the departure of Kim Hanbyeol, who had been one of the reasons of Renjun's relapse into depression. Then, one year later his sudden death brought further changes into their lives. Jeno has never been upset with him or Iseul, as Chenle and Jisung were in contrary. Instead, he felt like Hanbyeol's disappearence had brought a void into his life.

He rejected every girl and every boy just to stay alone, with his grievious love. He knew she wasn't going to magically appear again like in high school, but he also couldn't dismiss his long-lived feelings.
So, he was now a young man, a new promising worker, but had a suffering heart.

"Jeno, my dear friend, do you know what's on tonight?" Jaemin asked surprising the poor boy who was chilling on his cool sofa. His best friend jumped and sat on the other side, waiting for his answer. "Tonight...?"

"Oh my gosh, Jeno! You forgot!" He exclaimed loudly, much to Jeno's dismay. "Tonight there's that famous party for all the graduated pals!"

"I don't wanna go..." Jeno whined while covering his eyes with his arm, but Jaemin took it and made him sit.

"You. Are. Coming. Lee motherfucking Jeno."

"But I've never fucked your mom-"

"And I'm relieved!"

A few hours later, the two friends left the house, ready in their casual shirts for the party. It was to be held in the huge villa of one of the many rich people in the city. They arrived by Jeno's car when the party had already begun, but to them it was okay.

They entered the house and they were immediately met with the defeaning music and the led lights which illuminated the dark insides. There was a large crowd of dancing people in the main room, so both of them wanted to first get a drink. Until they noticed the one and only Lee Donghyuck, already drunk as a skunk. He was lucky to have brought Mark with him, or they would have found him the next day in some kind perilous situation.

Jeno felt like going and helping his friend Mark, but Jaemin had other plans in mind. In fact, he pushed him by the shoulders into the dancing crowd. And soon, Lee Jeno was lost.

Some girls tried to dance with him and even asked him to have fun in a way that the young man did not understand initially. Then, when yet another one asked him to dance, he agreed.

"Name's Kim Yeeun, by the way."

"I'm Lee Jeno." He simply answered while smiling and Yeeun found him extremely cute. She understood why her friends would tell her he was strangely charming.

They started dancing to the loud music and both felt comfortable with each other. It was strange for Jeno to be this close with a girl after Hanbyeol and Iseul. Since the latter's death he only had a couple of girl friends, which also were the boys' girlfriends. But even there, he was truly close only to Hannah.
He didn't hate women, he only felt the need to preserve the memories of his missing friends. But Yeeun seemed to know him, and that was reassuring.

"What did you major in?" The girl cooly asked and Jeno heard her clearly through the loud music. "Architecture. You?"

"That's so cool! I did fashion design!"

"Something tells me we might get along well." Jeno stated with a kind smile to which Yeeun returned it.

"Hey, wanna grab a drink?" She suddenly asked, but Jeno really didn't mind that confidence, so he agreed to it.

They went through the crowd to the kitchen and he picked some juice for the both of them. But when he turned his head, Yeeun was nowhere to be seen. Instead, there was another girl.

Jeno thought for a moment that he was dreaming or that he finally went mad, but she was real and just as stunned as himself.

"H-hanbyeol...?"

His stargirl was in front of him, now grown into a beautiful woman.

"Jeno..." She whispered, but the man could still hear her over the noises.

The kitchen began to fill up with people eager to have some alcohol for partying, so the two of them were crushed together by the crowd. They were shy and uncomfortable after all those years since their split. But Jeno still was confident.

"It's a bit crowded..." He began, a bit awkward, but Hanbyeol answered. "Yes, a little bit."

"So... How about we go somewhere, just the two of us?"

 How about we go somewhere, just the two of us?"