𝒉

Love is natural ~

Months after, Hanbyeol was living happily in Seoul with her father and her new friends

Months after, Hanbyeol was living happily in Seoul with her father and her new friends. They were all precious to her, although a certain smiley boy had an important place in her heart.

She didn't expect to develop that kind of feelings in such a brief time, but it happened anyway. And it was a beautiful experience.
At first, Hanbyeol was hesitant. But when she started noticing all the attention that Lee Jeno would give her on daily basis, she decided to freely live her love.

Thus, after 3 months of living in the shyness of their hidden feelings, the two teenagers decided to finally have a date.

Jeno couldn't believe that his stargirl had asked him out, as he didn't notice her growing interest in him, and Hanbyeol too was left quite stunned by his quick reply.
They both were so crushed on each other, although anyone but them managed to notice.

The awaited day arrived and after their lessons Hanbyeol and Jeno bidded goodbye to their friends to finally go to their date. They left their school bags at Hanbyeol's place, since it was nearer to the city's centre. Luckily for them, her dad still had some work at the university, so they spared themselves some awkward moments.

Jeno had never been to a date before, so the day before he asked his faithful friends for advice. The only one to give him a serious answer was Mark, who really wanted him to have a good afternoon with her, and he suggested to go on a cute cafe in the centre.

Jeno was quite surprised to find out that the place was actually very new and had the perfect vintage vibes for them. He ordered a Mocha Coffee for Hanbyeol and a Raf for himself, plus one brownie slice to share.

They passed all the afternoon there without keeping track of time. They were just too focused on having some quality time together and get to know each other better. Sad to say, but sometimes their friends were too nozy and loud to give them some time alone to strengthen their growing friendship.

When it was around dinner time they finally realized how late it was and decided to leave, after that Jeno had payed for the coffees and Hanbyeol for the cake.

They came back to her place for Jeno to get his school supplies and he met her father after years. He was visibly older but he still had his sparkling eyes and the little smile.

"Hey! I know you, young boy."

Jeno smiled as her dad gave him a friendly pat on his shoulder and started to chat about the past ten years.
That man was happy to know that Jeno had grown in a handsome sporty boy with a predisposition for maths.
Plus, he was really polite and kind and the man noticed how much Jeno cared for his daughter.
He really wished for Hanbyeol to find someone like him. Even better if that someone was Lee Jeno himself.

"My boy, how about you stay for dinner? I think we all should catch up. Your mum surely won't mind." Hanbyeol's father suggested and Jeno could only agree after having bowed three times. "Thank you, Mr. Kim. You're too kind."

"Come on, you can call me Jihan. You are like family, after all."

"Dad!" Hanbyeol exclaimed as her dad mischievously laughed. She knew that her old man would come up with one of his embarrassing sentences.

Overall, aside of Jihan's jokes, they passed dinner among happiness and joy. The teens both helped Hanbyeol's dad with cooking and then Jeno offered to do the dishes for everyone, to Jihan's great gratitude. After all, the man had worked for all the day so he ended up being very tired in the evening.

Therefore, while Jihan went up to his room to rest, Hanbyeol tried to help Jeno, to which he lead her out of the kitchen and suggested she would rest too. At last, Hanbyeol surrendered, only to go to her balcony and prepare some sheets and pillows, alongside a couple of snack she kept in her bedroom.

When Jeno came up to bid his goodbye, she suggested he would stay for a bit more and led him to the balcony. A déjà vu invaded his mind and his eyes smiled with fondness. It was just like ten years before, when they both were little kids.

The night was beautiful and they could even see some stars from the light and the smog of the city. So they started naming them. It was a challenge of guessing the most stars and costellations, and Hanbyeol obviously won. 

They softly laughed through the silence of the night and both wished they could spend the eternity like that. But, eventually, they had to come back to reality.

"Jeno..."

"Yeah...?"

"I have to tell you something..."

Her grave voice made him twist his eyebrows and he turned his head to her. Her smile had fell and her eyes were grim. He knew she was about to say something doleful.

"There is one thing I have not told you about... My family."

"Go on. I'm all ears." He eagerly said, smiling at her to ease her distress.

"My mother is out of the country because my parents are divorcing."

Jeno could only unfold his lips a bit before she continued to spew those hurtful news. "And my mother wants the full custody."

"What...? And would you still live here... With your dad, our friends and me...?"

"I-i... Doubt it." She said with incertainty and fear in her voice. He could clearly see how worried and hurt she was just by looking through her eyes. They were so pretty under the stars' lights, but so fearful.

"Don't worry. Nothing will divide us." He reassuringly said and Hanbyeol decided to finally meet his gaze.

They felt perfect under the asters of the night. They could have been so much, together and forever, but fate always plays unfairly.