𝒍

Where you at? ~

The kids all exited the school and Jeno ran to his mother after waving at Jaemin

The kids all exited the school and Jeno ran to his mother after waving at Jaemin. Mrs. Lee noticed how happy he seemed and asked him about his day.

"We done this cool history lesson about dinosaurs and then in art class we painted with our hands! And- and a girl wanted me to be her boyfriend, but Jaemin turned her down because she's bad. And with Jaemin we talked about my crush and-"

"You have a crush, Jeno?" His mum asked amused, smiling at him while driving. "Oh, y-yeah.. I think."

"Who are they?"

"It's Hanbyeol, our new neighbour."

Mrs. Lee smile dropped for a second but Jeno didn't see it. He was far too happy to understand the mood's change.

"It's not a bad thing, right?" He then asked, turning to his mum that quickly put her best smile on. "No, sweetie. It's a very good thing."

Jeno returned in his happy smiley world about Hanbyeol and his new feelings for her, but his mother looked dazzled. She knew it wasn't going to be good, at all.

So she took a different street from their house and the boy noticed the strange turn. "Mummy? Where are we going?"

"Mum have to do something. We'll go home after that."

Jeno didn't reply and patiently waited for his mum to return home. In all honesty, he didn't want it to see his dad and his sister, but to greet Hanbyeol after that school day. He was so excited to meet her and talk to her and laugh.

But his mum's errands took a lot more than he expected, and after that she took him to buy an ice cream and then they had a long and calm walk in the park. Having some quality time with his mother didn't annoy him and he didn't want to be selfish, but he felt that something was off. Why wasn't his mum letting him go home? Was she against his feelings for Hanbyeol?
Jeno really couldn't understand.

"Mum...?" He therefore asked, afraid to even look straight at her face. "Yes, sweetie?"

"A-are you mad...?"

"What?!"

Mrs. Lee was absolutely astonished. His kid thought she was mad and it was never a good thing.

"Yes... Don't you like Hanbyeol? Is it wrong to like her?"

"Jeno..." She began in a regretting way, while inside she was scared to tell him the truth. "Hanbyeol is a really pretty and sweet girl. I just wanted to spend some time with my favourite son."

"Mum, I'm your only son." He complained, but his mother tenderly patted his head. "Come, now. We're going home."

"Yes!"

So they got back in the car and left for home. All the way Jeno did nothing but talk about Hanbyeol to his mum. How pretty she was, how much she wanted to be like her dad and how he wanted to know more about her. He was still very young, but mrs. Lee knew that he might have fallen for his first love. And that pained her, for what it was coming.

They finally arrived home. Everything was still and silent, no one was playing around the neighbourhood. Jeno didn't mind, because he knew that Hanbyeol's house was always silent. He didn't even think about his dad and his sister and got out of the car after his mum parked it.

"Jeno! Come back here!" She shouted anxiously, but the boy was already far away.

Jeno ran while happily smiling, leaping between the sidewalk and the road. He arrived to the house's fence and laughed in joy, but then his smile suddenly dropped.

"For sale...?" He asked confused, while fear was creeping in his heart. Where was Hanbyeol?

"Jeno..." Muttered his mum when she reached him, but he just kept watching that sign. "Mummy, what does it mean?"

Mrs. Lee didn't answer, but little Jeno knew that he would have not seen his stargirl again for a long time.

Cʜᴇʀʀʏ's Nᴏᴏᴋ:

Cʜᴇʀʀʏ's Nᴏᴏᴋ:

Double update 'cause I forgot to do it in this week 🫶🏻