Prologue

Felix PoV

A French proverb says that a person often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it

When I learnt the language, I never gave importance to this proverb like everybody else. I wish I listened to my elder sister then and tried to embrace the proverbs in life. I should have understood that if something was destined to happen, it would. No matter the different approach, the event would happen. 

I shouldn't have hoped that feeling would go away if shoved them into the deepest darkest corner of my heart. It was destined for my heart to throb each time I laid my eyes on him. I should have listened to Rachel. 

Then, I wouldn't have to face this continuous heartache every time I saw him.

Yes, him

I fell in love with a guy.

A guy named Hwang Hyunjin.

The guy who is a bit mean yet caring, introverted yet funny, hot yet cute. 

He is the stereotypical cold popular guy, and my best friend.

He is the one I had fallen for. The one I sneaked glances of, hugged a lot and shared innumerable beautiful memories with. The one who seems ever so close yet so far away. I could call him all sorts of romantic names like jagiya or baby but it would just seem as a way of affection between friends.

His heart is like a masterpiece enclosed in a glass box with no keyhole and I was a curator. To get to it, I would have to break the case but I'll never know if the masterpiece will break along with it. 

It was far better to love him everyday from afar than to hold him close once and never get to see him again.

ʚ♡ɞ 

Hyunjin PoV

I suffer from dystychiphobia

I suffer from dystychiphobia. It's the fear of hurting someone.

I also suffer from philophobia. It's the fear of falling in love.

I often treat people like unfinished movies - give them less attention to avoid attraction or loving them. I also treat them like reread books - providing so much love that it's no longer stable and they lose interest or feel hurt.

And people have left me for both the reasons.

I wish Felix was like a painting - simple, serene and detailed. But he is too beautiful to be captured in a canvas.

Felix is like a chocolate brownie. And I am no Pierre Hermé. Baking is just not my cup of tea.

But Felix is that dessert everyone wants to taste and try making at home. He is like those rum-soaked pastries which will leave you stunned.

If only I could master the art of Felix and treasure him forever.

But in a college swarming with people better than me, why would the sun choose a dim star?

ʚ♡ɞ 

Author PoV

Baking and painting both are much appreciated art forms

Baking and painting both are much appreciated art forms. However, they both require patience and creativity.

Like the two, love is a burning fire that needs time to grow. Imagination is its fuel and reality is usually the extinguisher. 

In the life of two boys, can art be a medium to share the last standing matchstick of hope and love?

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

A/N

So what do you think of this? 
What do you expect from the story based on this prologue?