The Game Has Only Begun

[Construction Site]

Two gang members on patrol stood at a corner chatting together. Completely relaxed and carefree.

"It seems that a few more have died recently."

"Wouldn't it be better to catch some more next time? I'm tired of the ones we have now."

"Haha, that's true."

It's normal for them to carry out such conversations in the open. The police and all the higher-ups are all their people, so why should they be vigilant about something so trivial?

The possibility of them capturing the daughter of some big shot and getting their ass whopped is extremely low. So there is nothing to worry about. This is real life, not some action movie or novel.

What those fools failed to realize is that; what happens, in reality, is far more absurd than what is shown in movies and novels.

Reality has no logic, assholes. And they are gonna find out soon.

"Can't wait for more goods to arrive tommo...."

One of the members started to say. But he was cut short as a cold chill engulfed his heart.

"Something bad is going to happen. Don't look back, RUNNNN" His instincts screamed at him. But as an arrogant fool, he did the opposite. He turned back to take a look.

As his head started to turn, a strong cold hand covered his mouth. A feeling of dread rose inside him. But he was unable to do anything as in the next second, a sharp knife cleanly sliced his throat in a swift movement.

He could only make a little "grunt" as he quickly lost his strength. His eyes turned lifeless as he fell down to the ground. A silent bullet to the forehead also took care of the other one.

All of this happened in a blink of an eye.

Brian and Alex glanced at each other. Following Alex's gesture, the two continued to move toward their next targets.

The two silent predators harvested the gang members' lives in quick succession. The level of defense here is useless to them.

As Alex said, "of the twenty-three people, about twenty could be killed silently without being discovered."

The remaining few were difficult to deal with not because of their high vigilance. But because they were either out in the open or at the control center.

The two predators are creatures of darkness. They wanted to avoid blowing their cover by attacking the members in public. So they decided to target the control center instead.

And according to common sense, an organization's leaders can generally be found at the control center. And they hold the most valuable info.

••••☆☆☆☆••••

[Control Centre]

A man's silhouette covered in shadows can be seen. His feet are resting on the table as he is lying on his expensive chair.

(CLICK)

A lighter is lit.

The shadows surrounding him retrieve in fright of the light. His features become more evident as he brings the lighter toward the cigar in his mouth.

A tough Mediterranean man with long black hair reaching his shoulders. A scar ran through his left eye, blinding it. He is wearing a black tuxedo.

The fire from the lighter illuminates his entire face. Thus revealing his identity before the world.