The Price of Greed And The Stirring Tyrant

(A/N)

A warm welcome to TGM BRO! I am excited to have you on board as a Patreon. Thank you guys for being so supportive in helping me bring my stories to life...

Link: pa*treon.com/thebookaddict (Remove the *)

Enjoy the chapter, guys...

▪▪▪▪

Sam watched in shock as the seemingly ordinary tourist dispatched all the agents escorting him in just three seconds without even getting scratched. Only crushing force could have achieved such a feat. As Sam reached for his pistol, he felt a cold object pressed against his forehead...

"Too slow, buddy," Alex teased.

Without wearing any disguise, he had simply entered the [Red - Just An Ordinary Man] attribute he received yesterday and managed to blend into the crowd. With this new attribute, no one can track him or even remember his features.

He has become among the thousands of ordinary faces one sees daily. No one will be able to remember him. Alex is now sure of the power of a red-level attribute...

"Who are you?" Sam wisely let go of his gun and raised his hands.

"Just someone looking for a little fun," Alex replied.

He took Sam's headset and phone before tossing them into the river. He then handed Sam his phone, and Brian was on the other end of the line.

"Now you have a choice," Brian said.

Sam tried to remain calm as he negotiated for his and his family's lives. "What do you want?"

"Don't worry, I'm more trustworthy than you. I just need some information," Brian assured him.

"But if I don't get what I want, or if you try to betray me... you won't like the outcome. Even though I'm retired, your family won't survive until I die. And even if I die, my friend will find and end them."

Swallowing hard, Sam knew he had no choice. "What do you want to know?"

"Patrice Saint Gary. His detailed information, the people behind him, the auction location, etc.," Brian demanded.

"That's impossible...."

"Then prepare to collect the corpses of your wife and children," Brian cut him off, his voice flat and emotionless.

"Wait, wait!" Sam begged, his teeth clenched. "I can't tell you who's behind him directly. Otherwise, I'm a dead man too... I can only tell you the location!"

"It seems you don't value your wife and children very highly," Brian said coldly.

"Please!" Sam pleaded, desperation etched on his face.

"I can't help it! I want a better life for my family as well! And I have helped you in the past... right?"

"Yes, helping me and simultaneously giving them a little 'warning'. If they weren't so stupid, I would have turned up dead," Brian sneered.

"You're doing this for your family, your children? Isn't the salary of a deputy director of the Internal Security Bureau not enough? Don't be ridiculous. You're just doing it for your greed! And now innocent people are getting killed due to that!"

Sam was speechless. He wanted to refute it but didn't dare to deny it.

"You should be thankful that you really helped me a little bit, even if it was just a little bit. It was almost 'offset' by the information you revealed.

I won't hurt your family... but don't force me, Sam!" Brian said coldly.

"Tell me the address and detailed information. Don't rat me out this time expecting to kill me there because I'm not alone, and your family is with me."