Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

But then I remembered...I can do that here. Everyone here already knew; this was our safe space.

It was quiet outside anyway, not a soul in sight. And so my arms wrapped around his neck, my body not stopping until I was flushed up against him. Adam's arms circled around my waist, holding me close as I pressed my face into his shoulder.

"I missed you too," he chuckled. I heard him inhale as he buried his nose into my hair. I would never grow tired of this feeling, like going home after you've been away for so long or cuddling up near the fire on a snowy day.

Adam was my ultimate feeling of comfort.

"I missed you more," I smirked, finally pulling back to look at him.

"Impossible."

We stepped away from each other, and I watched his eyes wrack my body, so I took the time to take in his own outfit, making it painfully obvious to him that I was checking him out.

He wore dark grey jeans that were ripped at the knees, a light grey buttoned up shirt and a black leather jacket.

"You're killing me, Angel," Adam groaned, and I didn't mistake the look of desire in his eyes as he continued to check me out.

"I could say the same, you look absolutely divine, Myo Setio."

"As do you, my love. God, you look stunning." His hands slipped inside my blazer jacket, coming to rest on my sides and I felt a shiver wrack my body. He pressed his lips to mine tenderly, and I missed them the moment they left. "So sweet," he whispered.

Adam chuckled lightly before stepping back, almost bashful. "Sorry, Angel, can't resist you. But I'm very excited for our date, so without any further distractions, are you ready?" He smiled at me so warmly, I thought my heart might be heard throughout the pack house, though with their hearing, maybe it could be.

He held his hand out to me and with a smile, I gladly took it and laced our fingers together. "More than ready, I cannot wait to spend the whole night with you."

I wasn't nervous anymore, the moment my body pressed against Adam's, those feeling dissipated, quickly replaced with a feeling of warmth and...love.

Again, he led me through the woods, his hand gripping mine tightly as a calming smile sat permanently on his lips.

The air around us was cool, and quite refreshing, it was a welcomed break away from my office, and even though I was still on-call, it was a relaxing thought to know I had the time off from work in order to be here.

I had felt so restless without my Keeper beside me, that the euphoria that filled me now had me feeling a contentment that was incredibly foreign to me, I was happy, really happy, and that was all Adam's doing.

We walked for a while, caught up in general conversation as he asked me about my day, and told me about his own, it was all too natural, and I found myself enjoying the normalcy of it all.

It wasn't long until we were once again stepping out of the forest and towards a different building, this one was a lot smaller than the other two but had a welcoming feel.

In front of us stood a cabin made of dark oak wood, light shone from beyond the windows and flowers and plants covered the grounds around, slowly creeping up the wooden building, all natural green with touches of reds, purples, and yellows. It was beautiful.

"How many buildings are hidden in this forest?" I thought aloud.

"Quite a few, we own the land, and some people prefer their own place, being in the pack house all the time can become overbearing," he chuckled.