Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

"The full moon was yesterday, and we survived that, so we will be fine."

Adrian hummed in evident disagreement. "Sure...sure, it's just, it wasn't just the full moon making you like that, you've withheld fate for too long, my friend. You yearn for each other, and sooner or later nothing is going to stop you from claiming what's rightfully yours." Adrian smiled innocently, swinging his arms beside him.

"Go to class," I demanded, and the last thing I heard was his loud laughter hitting my ears before we separated towards our designated classes.

-Adam's POV-

"So, where are you taking him?" Michael asked as we sat together hidden away at the back of the classroom.

"I actually had a different idea in mind, it's our first date and I want him to be comfortable, plus nobody knows about us yet so we can't be together like that in public."

"I can't believe he didn't claim you."

"We survived the full moon, honestly, I'm kind of proud of us," I chuckled.

"And he stayed the night...again. There's no way you didn't do anything."

"We just slept, Kaden had to rush off in the morning because we woke up late...again, I swear I've never slept so good in my life."

"That's the effects of your mate," he chuckled. "So, you're getting lucky tonight, then?"

"No. That's not going to happen until Kaden is comfortable and ready, I asked him on a date so I can spend some alone time with him, and we can just relax and enjoy each other's company."

"What I'm getting is that it's not completely impossible, but you're going to make Kaden make the first move," Luke grinned, butting into the conversation.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "Do your work," I told them, completely giving up on this conversation. These guys are impossible.

*

-Kaden's POV-

I was nervous. It was an unfamiliar feeling that didn't sit well with me at all, and yet here it was, niggling away at my brain, at my body, I felt it everywhere.

To the point where I was actually reconsidering Adrian's offer to help me chose what to wear. I sighed aloud, continuing to stare at myself in the mirror.

School had passed slowly and uneventfully. When the final bell finally echoed throughout the halls, I met up with Adam briefly outside of school, where he'd told me to meet him outside the front of the packhouse at 5PM and not to dress too formal, because he wanted me to feel comfortable.

So, the question is what do I wear?

It took an embarrassingly long time, but I was finally satisfied as I gazed at my appearance in the full body mirror in my room.

I wore a rather simple pair of black jeans, a black fitted shirt and a white casual blazer left open over the top. I styled my hair to the way I liked it, and was quite content. I'd always been told that white looks good on me, I just hoped it was to my Keeper's taste.

After giving my last orders to the guards, I contemplated taking a portal to the packhouse. Adam did want me to meet him out the front though, so that would be too risky.

I decided to drive, hoping the ride over would help to calm my nerves, but instead the drive felt a lot shorter than I was used to, and it wasn't long before I was parking up outside of the pack house with five minutes to go.

Even though I was early, the moment I stepped out of my car, Adam was stepping out of the pack house. We met halfway, and it took everything in me not to pull him into my arms.