Chapter 8

TRIGGER WARNINGS
- Blood, Injury treatments, dubious medical care, Sensory Overload, & Angst

I just want to say, I did change up the sensory overload just a bit, to make it more accurate. I personally have autism and have sensory overloads often, so I just wanted to make it more accurate, though keep in mind that everyone experiences them differently, and not only autistic people can experience them.

Also, things in italic means it's blurry or from a distance and not very clear. Anyways, on with the story!

------------------------------

"You need to hold still." Casey held Leo's arm as he stitched up a rather deep cut along his palm. "I'm trying-" Leo looked away, biting his lip at the pain. "You sure you don't want to start on some pain killers?" 

Leo moved his head to face Casey. "If- We do that, I will absolutely black out for the next week. Brain could be bleeding." "DON'T say that. " Donnie yelled as he walked back in, a large bowl in his arms.  "Sorry." Leo Spoke up quietly. Donatello just looked down, mixing up the material, not saying anything. Casey too this as an opportunity to speak. "I got all the easy stuff patched." 

Donnie simply nodded at this but refused to look up. "The plaster is ready so we can do his leg." Leo looked up and smiled at his twin. "Oh good, that's gonna be great." Passing the plaster over to Casey, Donnie spoke up. "You're confident you can do this, right?" Despite his monotone voice, it was clear he was worried. Casey nodded, taking the bowl into his grasp. "Yes. It is...It is not my first time." He looked away upsettingly. "What do you need from me?" 

"You need to make sure Leonardo doesn't move while I work on setting it." "I won't move!" Leo protested but was given a look of 'seriously?' from the other two in the room. "You have literally said that every time and it's always a lie." Casey spoke as he grabbed the plaster. "Alright. Everybody ready?" 

"As I'm gonna be.." "Yes." 

"Okay. One, two---"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Leo jolted up and harshly gripped at Donatello's shoulder, resulting in something snapping for said turtle. "Alright-- Alright. I think I've got it. Seriously, don't move your leg."

'Too much too much too much too much too much too much too much too much-'

That was it. Without thinking, Donnie staggered backwards, breath heavy and quick. "Wh- Don?" Leo whimpered at the pain and sudden jostle of his twin leaving his side suddenly. Casey quickly turned over to see what happened. 

He shook his hands up and down, stimming anxiously, before covering his face and head, to shield himself from the light and overbearing senses. 

Leo weakly sat up. "Hey--Hey, It's okay. Donnie, it's okay." He sighed softly and continued to try and calm his brother down. "Dee. Go take care of yourself, get cleaned up. It'll help. Casey's got me, right Case?" "Yes."

As Donnie stumbled towards the door, head in his hands, body shaking uncontrollably, Leo spoke again. "We'll send over whoever gets back first. I promise."