Chapter 53

He's put things on hold to deal with their remains. . .

"It was the same day Ichiru died. I put my lips on the person's corpse. The hand of the dead." Zero mentally states sadly, but Ichiru never crossed his mind. It was only Alondra and their goodbye kiss of a year ago, when she first became a pureblood.

Nevertheless,

"I believed that the four of us would walk together again." Zero says sadly. "Why was I hoping?"

"Also I'm not worried about you, Zero. I trust you. So at least trust me with this, and don't worry about me."

Alondra had said that to Zero with a pure and radiant smile.

"Why is it that you looked at me with the same eyes as before. The ones filled with love and affection and trust towards me." Zero questions himself once more as he thinks of her sincere eyes.

"Ichiru's corpse had been so cold. Alondra, hardly knew him yet she felt pained when she discovered you were dead. Why? Because she's more caring than she let's on to be." Zero adds on as images of him carrying Ichiru's lifeless body cross his mind as well.

"I'll show you again that your pupil has not forgotten why I'm here!" Zero turns back to face Sara darkly.

"You heard me. We're going to the church." Zero says still stretching his hand out to Sara.

"Well then are you asking me to fulfill your desire?" Sara says with an obvious gleam of victory in her eyes. "Are you coming as well, Takuma?" Sara asks after Zero stays silent. He looks over at her with no particular emotion.

"Ehh." Is his answer as he stretches his hand out to Sara. Senri quickly grabs Ichijo's hand and puts his other hand on Ichijo's shoulder.

"Ichijo! This isn't the normal Ichijo!" Senri yells out worried for his friend.

"Senri." Ichijo calls out to him with a smile. He then stops smiling and pulls away. "This is who I am now."

"It can't be. I know the real Ichijo is-" Senri is interrupted by running shoes headed their way. Rima runs past Zero and into the room of Sara.

"Shiki!" Rima yells out throwing herself into his arms. She pulls back and looks up at him. "What're you doing?!" Rima asks angrily and worried half to death.

"Rima." Senri is surprised to see her. "Ichijo too, stop-" She stops when they are gone.

"Ichijo!" Senri yells out running after him even though he is already gone.

                                             ~0~

"Let go!" The tan woman yells out. "It isn't right! Allowing vampires to run wild around the school campus!" Kaito yells at the woman as he restrains her by sitting on her back. Aido and Maria stare stunned at the treatment of the woman.

"You understand you're an enemy of the lord!" Maria puts her hands to her mouth.

"If your enemy is a pureblood you'll die." Kaito says to the woman trying to get her to stop.

"I don't care!" The woman yells as she finally figures out that she should kick Kaito in the back with her heels. He moves away at the sight of her panties and now she is back on her feet.

"In the first place, what are those hunters doing. . . WHAT IS IT YOU HUNTERS ARE DOING?! EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE LOCKING THE REST OF US UP AND GOING AFTER THE PUREBLOODS, SARA SHIRABUKI IS STILL FREE!" The woman yells angrily at Kaito.

"Ah, Seriously." Kaito simply says as he scratches his head.

"Anyway, since the dorm leader isn't here, I've been bothered with this. It's impossible to speak with her and can barely keep tabs." Aido says. He summons ice as he stares at the tan woman pitifully. She casts her cold stare over to Aido.