Chapter 4

A drop of water falls. But before it hits the table it becomes ice all the way to the glass it was almost spilled from.

"In the end we didn't get to find out more about that blood scent last night." Akatsuki yawns tired as he watches Aido pouring out the water which had been already infected with the blood tablets.

"I'm not particularly interested." Akatsuki adds in.

"That was. . ." Aido pours out more water and watches it fall. ". . .the scent of Yuki's blood." He freezes up the water as he recalls the taste of her blood, but what he doesn't know is that it was not Yuki's blood.

                                           ~0~

"Say anything about my tears and I will kill you! I'm mad now and it's all your fault! Why the hell didn't you trust me enough to tell me your thirst was getting worse?! Lets go!" I say taking Zero by the hand leading him to Headmaster's office.

"Were you going to look for her?" I say not facing him as I pull him to walk faster. I blink these persistent tears away.

"Yes." He says. I stop in front of the Headmaster's office door and wait for him to say something else. "I have to settle things once and for all." He ends and I look over my shoulder at him. I couldn't pull off the frown I originally intended. I just keep a serious face.

"I thought so." I kick open the Headmaster's door.

"Headmaster! We need to talk!" I demand of him.

"Good morning! You came at the perfect time!" He turns towards us and shows us a Night Class uniform.

"Oh boy." I let Zero's hand go.

"See? It's a Night Class uniform for Zero! I wonder if it'll look good on him?" He says to us. I grimace and then I quickly open my eyes when I hear a slapping noise. Zero had just slapped the Headmaster and heads out slamming the door hard. I open the door and see he is already distancing himself.

I grab his arm. "Oh you're not going anywhere, Kiryu! He deserved that, but that doesn't mean I'm letting you off the hook so easily!" I yell at him as I drag him back. We make it back in and then I glare at the Headmaster.

"Are you insane, man?! You weren't thinking at all when you pulled out that uniform, were you?! You must have a death wish!" I scold him as well.

"Can't I at least explain? I am Headmaster!" He pouts at us.

"You seem to be feeling better, Zero." He says which causes Zero to tense up. I felt it with his hand I was still holding. I let go of it.

"Alondra? Did you have something to say?" He asks me.

"Yeah actually. I know Zero can't go back to being what he was before, but there is no way in hell I will let him transfer to the Night Class! If you don't want dead students I suggest you heed my warning! Anyway Yuki and I can't handle all this on our own." I argue with him.

"Well yes you're right. We need Zero as a guardian." He says- to my surprise- by actually agreeing with me.

"Alondra please put this bracelet on." He says handing me the silver bracelet. Then he pulls out a knife.

"Ohh!" I say happily.

"Alondra, this isn't for you. This is for Zero. I need you to cut your finger." He says handing the knife to Zero.

"Darn." I mumble and then I look closer at the bracelet. "Huh? The crest in the middle looks like Zero's tattoo." I say to myself looking at Zero's neck.