Chapter 22

The Night Class students step out of a public train, and instantly get the attention of all the human females and males, who watch their outer beauty. They ignore them, or at least some of them try to ignore the humans, talking about them and staring at them.

"Kaname-sama, we should have taken a car even if it would have taken longer than the train." Aido says seeing all the eyes on them.

"Aido, we're only being watched. I doubt these people will rush us." Kaname assures him.

"The Day Class started off by only gazing at us like this." Ruka says with a sigh.

"Now that you mention it. . .Kaname is the only one that watched from a distance at the school. Maybe they instinctually understand that he is a 'fiendish creature wearing the skin of a beautiful human'?" Ichijo says seriously.

"Takuma-sama. . ." Ruka says giving him a 'what are you saying?' look.

"Fiendish creature." Rima repeats.

"Kaname-sama, Ichijo is saying those things about you." Aido tattles on him.

"Yes, I think he's hit the mark." Kaname agrees. He looks back with a smile. "In any case it's finally break time. Let's stop with the formalities, Aido." He tells him. Aido sighs.

"Yes." He says reluctantly.

If that is what Kaname-sama says. . .I have all intentions of complying with him. In order to spend our long holiday, we took the underground rapid railroad to my family's mansion.

"Welcome home from a long journey." An old man says greeting them all, and guiding their path with a small candle lattern.

We are far enough away from the school that the climate is different. It's not far if you use the world encompassing subterranean "Underground rapid railroad" that connects countries.

"Did you tell father that 'I went to Touya's house'?" Aido whispers to the butler.

"My house?" Rima questions in the background, wondering why she is being used in that way.

"Hanabusa-sama, I have cautiously made sure everyone will spend time undisturbed." He says with a thumbs up.

"Ah, that luggage goes here." Ichijo says to a servant.

"Yes, sir." They respond.

"Aaah, since we're all here, I wish we could all sleep together." Ichijo says putting his hands behind his head.

"Takuma-sama! If grandmother found out we did that, she would kill me." Ruka tells him.

"What an idiot." Aido thinks to himself as he watches Ichijo walk over to Rima.

"Hey, Rima, do you have any interest in pillow fights? What do you do after the fight?" He questions her.

"You throw it back and forth." Rima tells him. Not seeing what he was going for. Aido puts a pensive hand to his chin.

"Takuma Ichijo. . . The grandson of the monster, 'Ichio' that controls the genrouin." Aido says pensively. "Yeah, Ichijo's grandfather is rather oppressive, so it's natural that Kaname-sama became a runaway." Aido says with a sigh, aloud.

"Wha, what are you saying all of a sudden?" Ichijo questions.

"I'm sorry, Aido, for looking after a homeless me." Kaname says coming into the room. Aido jumps.

"KA-KANAME-SAMA!!!" He says stunned at his unfortunate luck. "Kaname-sama, I'm not saying you're bothersome." Aido becomes nervous.

"Kaname, Kaname, Aido's so mean!" Ichijo says running to hug Kaname. "I can't do anything about my grandfather, but he still says hurtful things! Even I don't want to see my grandfather's face so I'm being a nuisance here!" Ichijo rants on with over dramatic tears. Kaname pets his blond hair.