Chapter 23

My eyes only saw white when I first opened them. I saw a little girl next to me with the same lost look I had. The next thing I saw was a vampire trying to devour both us little girls. The white dyed with crimson. Why were we all there that night? Tell me why.

"Kaname-sama!" I hear one girl exclaim.

"It's such a pity I didn't get to see you for the whole vacation." Someone puts a hand to my face. I bite that girl's hand and she screams.

"Try something like that again, and I'll tear your fingers off with my teeth!" I growl at them, and they back up.

"Good work you two." I ignore Kaname and continue to glare at the other girls. He puts a hand to my head and I turn abruptly.

"Stop treating me like a child who shouldn't know a thing!" I mentally scream at him.

"Alondra? Why are you suddenly so quiet? You usually would have given me a witty retort." I clench my jaw and keep my mouth shut. 

Zero turns to look at the altercation, but he looks over it to find Ichiru there. They meet eyes for only a moment before Ichiru walks away.

"Yuki? Are you angry at me as well?" Kaname asks looking over at Yuki.

"Um, Senpai." Yuki starts with a blush. I feel my heart racing along with hers. Her feelings are pouring into me.

"President Kuran." Akatsuki calls to Kaname.

"Yes I know." He says looking back at him. The intense feeling still holds though. He turns back to Yuki and me.

"Well goodbye school guardians. I have to go." I was about to say something, but Yuki says it before I do.

"The question from before." He leans down to Yuki's ear. I watch and keep my guns at the ready.

"Wait until school ends. I will listen to it then." He whispers. He straightens up and then faces me.

"Don't worry. I don't plan on hurting Yuki. After all you do know what I feel for her." He says looking back over at Yuki. Her eyes widen and she blushes even more.

I turn around and then tap Yuki's shoulder. "What?" She asks me. I point to the sight in front of me.

"Ah!" Yuki yelps and hides behind me.

"I say, Yuki. What did Kaname-senpai say to you?" I look at all the super jealous fan girls.

"Even though you've known each other for a long time, this is just too much. Right everyone?" A girl yells to the other girls. Yuki apologizes repeatedly. I look towards the trees suddenly. I didn't notice when Ichiru left.

                                          ~0~

"Tonight." I glance over at Yuki from where I was standing. "Tonight we must go ask Kaname-senpai about the truth of ten years ago." Yuki states stretching her leg on the balcony.

"Right." I say looking down at the trees. I feel a powerful gaze on me. I blush, but don't look at him.

"What is it, Zero?" I ask him.

"I was thinking, what if the reason you two lost your memories was because of that guy. If you two can deal with that." He answers me. I stay quiet clenching my hands.

"These ten years they overlap with Kaname-senpai's. If it's him, even if he betrays me my feelings for him would never change." Yuki answers. I feel so angry that I just want to be on my own. How could she forgive such an act, then again her love runs that deep.

"However, at this critical moment, I still feel scared. I spent so much time just barely making this step. Alondra, I'm glad you waited for me while I prepared myself." I stay silent. There is an awkward silence. They are expecting me to say something, but I'd rather not.