Chapter 32

Earlier:

"Alondra. Zero will be attending the ball as well. Although he will be there on behalf of his work." I stop putting black nail polish at Kaname's remark. "Are you uneasy with that? Are you afraid he might pull out his gun at us in there?" I look at Kaname over my shoulder. Yuki is also staring at me wondering what I'll say.

"Not at all. I'm expecting it." I turn back and continue to polish my nails. "Anyway Zero is duty before instinct. He won't do anything, but glare daggers at us." I remind him as I finish polishing my nail.

"I think the same, but I have to confess that just now I felt a tiny pang of jealousy." I turn to face him confused.

"You're the worst! This is why I hate you! Saying such a thing in front of Yuki!" I storm off, and go into my room to finish preparing in peace.

The time of meeting again has arrived.

I give him a friendly smile, and turn away from him.The silence now has become tense and awkward. I try to control my beating heart. I hope I can keep up my strong facade. It feels like I might break eventually, and run into his arms. There's no way he would allow that ever again.

"How are you tonight, Kaname-sama? And these young ladies, are your sisters?" I feel the fear in Yuki. I graze my fingers with her assuring her I'm there with her.

"How are you doing, your highnessess? Kaname-sama has informed us of your existence, but he wouldn't say anything more and we are so curious." Vampires say geting closer. Crowding us. They're so hungry.

"Kindly come closer to the center."

"We all want to admire your beautiful faces."

"Come." I must not show them any fear. I am a pureblood, and they should fear me. I step up tall, and let some of my power radiate. They begin to back off. I reach for Yuki's hand.

"Your hignessess, we still have not heard your names." Yuki grips my hand tighter. We give them our best smiles.

"I'm Yuki, and I'm pleased to meet you all." She says polietly.

"I'm Alondra." I state simply, I'm not pleased to meet them.

"Yuki-sama. Alondra-sama." They all call out our names with sadistic smiles.

"Come to think of it, Yuki-sama's features are strikingly similar to those of the late Juri-sama." I slightly squint my eyes at all of them. They would go so far as to try and open up those wounds in our hearts. Because of our returned memory, the death of our parents is still so fresh. We didn't get to mourn them until recently.

"Yes, and Alondra-sama has Juri-sama's personality, they both share Haruka-sama's soft gaze." They continue on and on. I begin to lose my patience.

"Oh, Yuki-sama and Alondra-sama, Haruka-sama and Juri-sama have left for us such marvelous and delightful treasures. We could never have imagined such wonderful things." They go on faking flattery.

"Oh, yes the purebloods are our precious 'treasures'." I cross my arms over my chest.

"So of course, we intend to protect you all very well, and of course we shall swear loyalty." I clear my throat and stand up straight. They all become silent as I prepare to speak.

"Well thank you, but it seems I don't believe any of you." I say with an innocent smile. "I seem to have fallen into a pit of snakes. That won't do. It seems my first impressions of you all are not very good. Stand out of my way." I tell them all as they grovel in fear the moment a fraction of my pureblood aura is released. They all bow to me.